Working and studying Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently got a part-time job. I am working 4 days a week and I am at college on the days I am not at work. I feel like I am getting a little stressed by having very little days off. I will get days off again in summer but it feels so long away and I don't know how to deal with the stress of working 7 days a week. My job is in retail too so I rarely sit down. Any tips for my first world problem?
Melobond
Badges: 9
Report 1 week ago
Maybe ask your manager if you can do 3 days instead of 4 and work more hours on one of those days? working and studying is stresss
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you doing A-Levels?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Melobond)
Maybe ask your manager if you can do 3 days instead of 4 and work more hours on one of those days? working and studying is stresss
Yes I might ask to do that. I am contracted to 16 hours but i'm not sure if the days are set days as I think everyone else in the company works 4 days too.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SpacePatroFan189)
Are you doing A-Levels?
No i'm just at college studying a diploma. I don't have exams to stress over but I have a final major project.
Melobond
Badges: 9
Report 1 week ago
if you just explain to them that you might need some help and time off because of your project then they should try and help you in someway if they're a good company.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes I might ask to do that. I am contracted to 16 hours but i'm not sure if the days are set days as I think everyone else in the company works 4 days too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Melobond)
if you just explain to them that you might need some help and time off because of your project then they should try and help you in someway if they're a good company.
Yeah I guess there's nothing wrong wjth asking either. I just don't want to look like a bad employee asking to change my days around already. Thank you though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads