In love with my GP Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I am 25 and see my GP weekly about my mental health as I have borderline personality disorder. My GP is so beautiful and kind and caring and I think she likes me as we have a laugh and joke together too. I think about her every day and wish we could be together... and I have sexual thoughts about her too. I feel really guilty about it, but I am thinking of changing doctors so I can try and make a move. I think she may be straight though and I am female also. I want to make appointments to see her all the time because I like her so much. I dont know what to do.
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I am 25 and see my GP weekly about my mental health as I have borderline personality disorder. My GP is so beautiful and kind and caring and I think she likes me as we have a laugh and joke together too. I think about her every day and wish we could be together... and I have sexual thoughts about her too. I feel really guilty about it, but I am thinking of changing doctors so I can try and make a move. I think she may be straight though and I am female also. I want to make appointments to see her all the time because I like her so much. I dont know what to do.
Definitely change doctors.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
I don't have a penis - I am female as it says in the OP. Also I am being serious here
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Next time you see her, tell her you think your penis tastes weird. Hopefully she'll test it.
Anonymous #1
If I do this can I have a relationship with her?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Definitely change doctors.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't have a penis - I am female as it says in the OP. Also I am being serious here
I know, you got in there before I realised this and edited it
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If I do this can I have a relationship with her?
No. She wouldn't throw away all her hard work for you.
byeongkwans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly, I wouldn’t advise you to make a move because there’s probably some issues that would arise if a GP dated a patient. Try not to feel guilty about it, because you can’t really help your feelings but try to distract yourself/move on by talking to other people. I have BPD too and it sounds like your doctor might have become your “FP” (favourite person) so somebody you rely on for emotional validation. That’s quite common with the disorder but it’d be really advisable for you to find somebody else.
Anonymous #1
No. She wouldn't throw away all her hard work for you.
So why would I change GP then? If there is no chance of a relationship then I will keep her as my GP so I can at least spend time with her
garnetznstonez
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

I'm sure she is just doing her job and being caring. If you see her regularly then laughing and joking is even more normal. Only reason i'd recommend changing doctors is because you should try and get over it i'm afraid
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So why would I change GP then? If there is no chance of a relationship then I will keep her as my GP so I can at least spend time with her
Because it is inappropriate. If she notices your feelings she will probably request she no longer treats you. She is your doctor - not your friend, remember that. Your relationship with her is professional, not personal.
CoolCavy
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have bpd as well and understand that it is difficult to find an understanding doctor and that we get attached to people really easily and fiercely. This combination means that i can understand your situation but it is nonetheless a very unhealthy and unprofessional situation.
CoolCavy
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by byeongkwans)
“FP” (favourite person)
:five:
know all about that too well :getmecoat:
Anonymous #1
but how would she notice? I am not inappropriate with her, I don't hit on her or anything. I just talk to her. I do love her but I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable if she doesn't feel the same. If there is no chance of relationship I may as well keep her as my GP because she is very good at it and I like her a lot. She helps me all the time. She will not notice my feelings unless I tell her surely?
Because it is inappropriate. If she notices your feelings she will probably request she no longer treats you. She is your doctor - not your friend, remember that. Your relationship with her is professional, not personal.
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
but how would she notice? I am not inappropriate with her, I don't hit on her or anything. I just talk to her. I do love her but I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable if she doesn't feel the same. If there is no chance of relationship I may as well keep her as my GP because she is very good at it and I like her a lot. She helps me all the time. She will not notice my feelings unless I tell her surely?
You are likely giving off cues and hints about your feelings without realising it.
Anonymous #1
I don'[t understand, what kind of hints? I dont say anything except how I am doing with my medication and stuff about my mental health. Pretty sure she thinks I am straight anyway. I dont understand how she would get that idea
You are likely giving off cues and hints about your feelings without realising it.
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don'[t understand, what kind of hints? I dont say anything except how I am doing with my medication and stuff about my mental health. Pretty sure she thinks I am straight anyway. I dont understand how she would get that idea
Of course you think you don't, because you don't realise it.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
L.D.S.

Doris edition: I'm in love with my HCA
Anonymous #1
so what kind of thing would suggest to her I fancy her? I dont understand. I have a mental illness and talk to her about it. THat is it. How is that flirting or anything of the kind? Dont understand
Of course you think you don't, because you don't realise it.
BLACKPINKK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i wouldve thought you’re 17 not 25
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
so what kind of thing would suggest to her I fancy her? I dont understand. I have a mental illness and talk to her about it. THat is it. How is that flirting or anything of the kind? Dont understand
Change GP. The less you see of her the quicker you'll get over her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.77%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (634)
47.71%

Watched Threads