One month before GCSEs Watch

Pexed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It’s a month before exams start.

I was taking notes and going through the specification and I stopped because I think it is too late to take notes of the whole course and I will just be cramming everything in.

I’m only taking notes for RS and DT as it is essential I take detailed notes for good grades. I will just be doing practice questions/papers for everything else.

When doing past questions, I will be doing each topic at a time. I will read and essentially revise as if it was the moment before an end of topic test.

Is this an efficient way of revising or should I take more notes?

I only have 7 subjects to revise for because the others are all fine.

My subjects are:
Science (triple)
RS
DT
Computer Science
English lit
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ffayedaniels
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm in year 10 so i'm not too sure if this would help you.
I am revising every night for 1 hour and all day on Sunday's and i have a lot of time before gcse's so i'm taking notes and doing flashcards so i can just do recap in year 11 and have all of my revision sources already done. I definitely would recommend doing past papers and marking them yourself, then the things you didn't do good on, revise and practise questions on that topic until you understand it fully. Keep doing past papers from different years and exam boards and hopefully you will know what you need to know by the first exam. Xx

(Original post by Pexed)
It’s a month before exams start.

I was taking notes and going through the specification and I stopped because I think it is too late to take notes of the whole course and I will just be cramming everything in.

I’m only taking notes for RS and DT as it is essential I take detailed notes for good grades. I will just be doing practice questions/papers for everything else.

When doing past questions, I will be doing each topic at a time. I will read and essentially revise as if it was the moment before an end of topic test.

Is this an efficient way of revising or should I take more notes?

I only have 7 subjects to revise for because the others are all fine.

My subjects are:
Science (triple)
RS
DT
Computer Science
English lit
ilovepolarbears
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Yes practice questions are the best at this point, anything you get wrong just make a note of it and then you can read over it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (369)
37.2%
No - but I will (75)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.19%

Watched Threads