I hate gsces. Someone try and change my mind. Watch

Helloihategsces
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello, I believe that Whoever designed GSCES has done it completely and utterly wrong.

Note: I’m in year ten and it’s only going to get worse from here.

I love the three GCSEs that I was able to choose myself. From year 6 to 9 I knew the subjects I liked, and I choosing Gsces was easy as I chose my top three favourite subjects and of course the annoying language. I wish that at least Math was optional, at my school single science is frowned upon. English is a lot of work, but sometimes really rewarding. But, I can help but feel like it’s all too much. Too many subjects, too much to cramp inside my head, and for someone who finds it hard to focus straight after 15 minutes, revising all these topics is so draining. I have lost passion for every topic that I used to put so much hard work and effort into and even Art, my favourite hobby, I’m losing my interest in as I feel like it’s all just school, not something I love. I wish I didn’t have to do all the sciences, and that I could of picked my favourite science, as quite frankly I have had a number of mental breakdowns over science and especially PHYSICS. To conclude, I have no inspiration and effort for all my subjects anymore.

I feel like GSCES put way too much pressure on us teens. I, and many many others have had countless breakdowns and a whole lot of constant stress. Learn, learn, learn EXAM, getting closer and closer to GSCES and never feeling like I have done enough or how I need to make proper GSCES notes ASAP. I feel like every kid wants to be a teenager and every adults wants to be a teenager again, but teenagers don’t want to be teenagers (is that just me?). My only inspiration and hope is my aspirations in life which do not require science, Spanish or math gsce! And my procrastination is terrible.

Art Gsce hit me like a ton of bricks at the beginning of year 10, we were immediately given a six page task on multiple things, going from a small sketchbook in yr9 to a huge art book year 10, completely unknown how to set out the page, how it’s supposed to look or what it has to contain. I see everyone Else’s sketchbooks and I compare myself, are used to feel so proud of my art but now I always feel at the bottom, and my art teacher doesn’t help with that. She is always complementing the best people in class an else’s sketchbooks and I compare myself, are used to feel so proud of my art but now I always feel at the bottom, and my art teacher doesn’t help with boosting my confidence. In a metaphor, It’s like we were thrown into the it’s like we were thrown into a sea Of constant work and approval.

Maybe its just me, A lot of people I’ve talked to at school feel the same, do you?
Melobond
Badges: 9
Report 4 days ago
I hated school and am so much happier now I've left. Theres not a lot you can really do about changing you GCSEs, tbh as unimportant as they may seem they're really just a stepping stone to your future job. Do not let GCSEs bring down your mental health, nothing is worth that! As much as you might think subjects like maths and English are irrelevant to your life, you need a qualification in them to get a good job and once you get those qualifications, you won't ever need to think about it again. A levels are much worse btw!
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
if youre in year 10 and think gcses are stressful then good luck with life
Imy22
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
if youre in year 10 and think gcses are stressful then good luck with life
This
Just wait till A levels, makes GCSEs look fun
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sinnoh
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think maths should be kept mandatory at GCSE level, a degree of numeracy among everyone is a good thing. A pass doesn't require any amazing understanding, but for those with an academic interest, there are the higher grades to aim for.
Besides, it's not just the subject content - GCSEs are a measure of commitment and organisation. It's what is implied by the grades that counts, not just the stuff you memorise.

Not going to argue with art, though. I'm glad I didn't take it.

I also think people overthink revision methods a lot - you're sitting an exam in the end, so practise how to do the exam. You shouldn't have to resort to rote-learning meaningless info, writing down highlighted, colour-coded notes.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (243)
39.32%
No - but I will (41)
6.63%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (289)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise