why do a lot of people dislike BTS /Kpop? Watch

Taz554:-)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case
namkeen-kuthi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
kpop fans force their opinions on you
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
dont hate bts just the self styled bts army - music is good, and intruiging videos, just not my cup of tea....
Rep:
?
its not like we are always like that, its a stereotype. Honestly its just like prefering rock or pop music.
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
kpop fans force their opinions on you
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't mind kpop tbh, no one really knows I'm a massive jpop fine though.

(I do like some kpop songs such as Chen - Everytime and Exo - For Life)
Rep:
?
also people are like why do you like it, its not even in english they dont say that to people who like diffferent language music
RazzzBerries
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Taz554:-))
also people are like why do you like it, its not even in english they dont say that to people who like diffferent language music
Most people liked Despacito so most of those people are hypocrites.
hunfilm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i think it's simply because some kpop fans have spread their irritable behaviour of spamming under tweets, linking fancams, etc on lots of local twitter at such a large extent that now lots of people just naturally have begun to hate kpop fans and anything kpop related in return. it's quite understandable really; if you were always seeing kpop fans linking vids of their faves under tweets/posts that literally has nothing to do with them, it would eventually become annoying and make you assume EVERYONE in the fandom is like that. obvs that's not true but that's what being on twitter nowadays feels like lol. and i guess since bts is so well known now amongst the western audience, they assume all kpop fans are bts fans, too.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Actually so true :lol: :awesome:

I listen to German, Cantonese, Japanese and Mandarin music. For German and Japanese I don't even understand a single word. Music can just sound beautiful whether you understand it or not, people are just judgemental. Live your own life ignore them, they just think they're being cool and their insecurities will eat them up when they're older. (Sorry I got triggered thinking about judgemental people) Some are probably bullying to act cool in front of their friends to socially conform as well.
namkeen-kuthi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just because i like chocolate, doesnt mean i have to like nutella
OxbridgeRejectTT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
BTS is phenomenal, but majority of Armys are immature, e.g. commenting about BTS on a non-BTS/Kpop Youtube video. This is f*cking annoying and maybe this is why people hate them...
CoolCavy
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because there are like 3 threads a day on here saying join my London K-pop dance crew
BLACKPINKK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
never used to enjoy kpop until kill this love came out
Rep:
?
never seen it
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Because there are like 3 threads a day on here saying join my London K-pop dance crew
RazzzBerries
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
Actually so true :lol: :awesome:

I listen to German, Cantonese, Japanese and Mandarin music. For German and Japanese I don't even understand a single word. Music can just sound beautiful whether you understand it or not, people are just judgemental. Live your own life ignore them, they just think they're being cool and their insecurities will eat them up when they're older. (Sorry I got triggered thinking about judgemental people) Some are probably bullying to act cool in front of their friends to socially conform as well.
Exactly, couldn't have put it better. :yep:

just because i like chocolate, doesnt mean i have to like nutella
In the Nutella sense, YOU SHOULD :lol:
In the KPop sense, obviously not. I just wish people would ignore the minority who aren't good representatives for ARMY.
Rep:
?
im not gonna lie and say this is not true
(Original post by OxbridgeRejectTT)
BTS is phenomenal, but majority of Armys are immature, e.g. commenting about BTS on a non-BTS/Kpop Youtube video. This is f*cking annoying and maybe this is why people hate them...
CoolCavy
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Taz554:-))
never seen it
Become a forum helper for chat and you will
namkeen-kuthi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Exactly, couldn't have put it better. :yep:

In the Nutella sense, YOU SHOULD :lol:
In the KPop sense, obviously not. I just wish people would ignore the minority who aren't good representatives for ARMY.
omggg ARMY I’m not friends wit some people cos they ear raped me and forced me to listen to it :rofl: I’m not even jokinggggg
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Become a forum helper for chat and you will
To be honest, I definitely agree with you there. Some of the things I see pop up make me and I'm not even a forum helper!
RazzzBerries
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
omggg ARMY I’m not friends wit some people cos they ear raped me and forced me to listen to it :rofl: I’m not even jokinggggg
Lmao :lol:
Most times it's out of jest. Some ARMYs take it a bit too far. True ARMYs respect that BTS/KPop isn't others' cup of tea and don't harass people. It's just unfortunate that most of the world see that kind of behaviour and judge all of us to be like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed