why do a lot of people dislike BTS /Kpop? Watch

Snfkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
it's not that deep to "defend" mate. you're just obsessed and weird. bet you have a shrine of bts in your room.
To be honest, it isn't that deep in the broader view of things, but it is important. It seems that you have a very shallow view of this industry and its artists.
As an East Asian person, I grew up seeing nothing of Asian artists in mainstream media. There was nobody who I could relate to and admire as a little girl.
I am not a crazed fan, but I think that it is fantastic that a Korean band has finally broken into music over here.
It is also disappointing to me that so many people still hold such prejudice against these groups simply because of a lack of understanding of the culture.
Another issue that I seem to notice with artists who have a large (and predominantly female fanbase) is that there is an assumption that the audience consists of 15 year old fanatics who near worship their idols. Mind you, I know of at least 3 people who are like this; I know many, many more who aren't.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Snfkin)
To be honest, it isn't that deep in the broader view of things, but it is important. It seems that you have a very shallow view of this industry and its artists.
As an East Asian person, I grew up seeing nothing of Asian artists in mainstream media. There was nobody who I could relate to and admire as a little girl.
I am not a crazed fan, but I think that it is fantastic that a Korean band has finally broken into music over here.
It is also disappointing to me that so many people still hold such prejudice against these groups simply because of a lack of understanding of the culture.
Another issue that I seem to notice with artists who have a large (and predominantly female fanbase) is that there is an assumption that the audience consists of 15 year old fanatics who near worship their idols. Mind you, I know of at least 3 people who are like this; I know many, many more who aren't.
:blah:
Chemist123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
are you jealous that all the girls are crazy over kpop idols?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Chemist123)
are you jealous that all the girls are crazy over kpop idols?
no one in their right mind would be jealous of a popstar? you're more so jealous of a coworker..or...a classmate...not a world famous popstar, dont be ****ing ridiculous. nice try :lol: im more so baffled by the fact that females can be so brainwashed. it seems they're more interested in saying "army?" to make friends, than the actual band itself. and are you not even slightly curious yourself that girls scream over kpop boys but ignore a similar looking asian sat right next to them??? :hmmm: its just weird lol. if you saw a guy who looked like Leonardo DiCaprio or whoever you like, you'd try it on with him. girls still largely ignore asian boys lol. it's oddly inconsistent so thats why i mock kpop fans
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The average K-Pop fan is literally obsessed and doesn't stop going on about it, so when someone doesn't like K-Pop and someone else won't shut up about it, that person is likely to be at least a fraction as vocal about disliking it to the person who does and constantly goes on about it.
Malik Larter
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Isn't the real question: Why do so many people like BTS/K Pop? (i aint a hater)
username4164712
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Taz554:-))
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case
Coz they’re gay af and they look 5 year old
Chemist123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
no one in their right mind would be jealous of a popstar? you're more so jealous of a coworker..or...a classmate...not a world famous popstar, dont be ****ing ridiculous. nice try :lol: im more so baffled by the fact that females can be so brainwashed. it seems they're more interested in saying "army?" to make friends, than the actual band itself. and are you not even slightly curious yourself that girls scream over kpop boys but ignore a similar looking asian sat right next to them??? :hmmm: its just weird lol. if you saw a guy who looked like Leonardo DiCaprio or whoever you like, you'd try it on with him. girls still largely ignore asian boys lol. it's oddly inconsistent so thats why i mock kpop fans
lol chill i was just joking
but what u said was true tho
Lala143
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Taehyung is not a freak! He is an idol.
im including all the freaks
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case
Because your supreme leader Stalin has not prohibited dismissing K-Pop.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It's ****e and the fans are tedium personified (not as bad as Tool fans, granted).
CedarRose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Because the fans are the most toxic people on earth. They have infiltrated every social media network and are relentless. They ruin any conversation that is not centred around Kpop and it is really annoying
Emilygus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
But the fans aren't actually that toxic, the fanbase is huge and it can only take one bad person to misrepresent the entire fanbase. I've met many amazing fans who've gone out of their way to donate to charity and most are usually kind and open minded and don't force their opinions on others and usually the fanbase as whole discourage behaviour that's generally toxic and apologise so please don't judge based on a few people, they're probably just younger people who don't understand that it's annoying and cringe to post everywhere about Kpop and probably just want someone else who they can relate to. Also I generally find people who go out of there way to hate on a whole fanbase and generalise to be the more toxic ones calling Kpop gay etc yet why is it that we're the only ones that have to defend ourselves?
(Original post by CedarRose)
Because the fans are the most toxic people on earth. They have infiltrated every social media network and are relentless. They ruin any conversation that is not centred around Kpop and it is really annoying
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Emilygus)
why is it that we're the only ones that have to defend ourselves?
You aren't. Plenty of people get a hard time over their music choices, especially in school.
KaiRiMich
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It's because people tend to generalise kpop as a negative music genre often perceived in a homophobic and racist manner. There are people who will judge a whole community based on an individual's actions. For example one of the comments below state 'kpop fans force their opinion on you...' they probably experienced that from one fan.
KaiRiMich
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Also I think it depends on age, as kpop is widely accepted in colleges and teens since it's simply a genre of music. Younger people tend to be more offensive since they don't understand culture. After all we don't discriminate any other music genre.
Snfkin
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Seems that you are just as juvenile as you make out the fans to be. Shame.
Emilygus
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I know though I see it mostly in Kpop, I do also mean in music and honestly just in general it can be frustrating to have to justify why I enjoy something then be judged or insulted for it especially for a petty reason like music being in a different language I understand people don't have to enjoy what I do but why call it 'gay' or insult those who listen to it? surely people/idols being insulted and being discriminated against over music taste or what language they produce in is more of an issue than just a few toxic people who whilst I know can be annoying are relatively harmless?
(Original post by gjd800)
You aren't. Plenty of people get a hard time over their music choices, especially in school.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Emilygus)
I know though I see it mostly in Kpop, I do also mean in music and honestly just in general it can be frustrating to have to justify why I enjoy something then be judged or insulted for it especially for a petty reason like music being in a different language I understand people don't have to enjoy what I do but why call it 'gay' or insult those who listen to it? surely people/idols being insulted and being discriminated against over music taste or what language they produce in is more of an issue than just a few toxic people who whilst I know can be annoying are relatively harmless?
You don't have to justify it. That's the simple answer. Why do you need to justify anything? You simply do not. People get insulted all the time, it is when it is chronic or gets physical that there is a real issue. Tell 'em to do one and enjoy what you enjoy. Life is easier that way.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The fangirls are annoying.I just don't get the obsession over some group of guys that you never met-and especially those who convince themselves they're going to marry their k-pop idol.And the fangirls squeal too loud.If you keep the k-pop obsession low key I won't mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (19)
22.89%
My career doesn't need one (11)
13.25%
I'm sick of studying (14)
16.87%
I can't find a course I want to do (3)
3.61%
I don't know enough about them (9)
10.84%