why do a lot of people dislike BTS /Kpop? Watch

KaiRiMich
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
totally agree, there is an awful wave of Koreaboos and just obsessive fans in general that make us look bad 🙃
Emilygus
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yeah true, I do try and mostly do ignore comments but it can be difficult especially coming from close friends or family, maybe I just care too much about other peoples opinions, I guess I just wish people were a little more open minded?
(Original post by gjd800)
You don't have to justify it. That's the simple answer. Why do you need to justify anything? You simply do not. People get insulted all the time, it is when it is chronic or gets physical that there is a real issue. Tell 'em to do one and enjoy what you enjoy. Life is easier that way.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Emilygus)
Yeah true, I do try and mostly do ignore comments but it can be difficult especially coming from close friends or family, maybe I just care too much about other peoples opinions, I guess I just wish people were a little more open minded?
If it's a bit of a fad, then they'll keep up poking fun. if it isn't, they soon get past it. I had it with metal when I was little. Rest of the family didn't get it (me Mam and Dad did, like) so there were comments. But eventually it stops.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Personally I don't actually like pop music, so kpop is just an extension of that.
Molseh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Can't say I have much of an opinion about it rather than it all sounds very similar and manufactured. The girls from that "likey" song are something else though.
K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
BTS and Kpop are amazing my friend got me into them, i don't understand why people don't like them
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It’s a load of overhyped generic crap. The fans make it even worse.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by KimNoel)
BTS and Kpop are amazing my friend got me into them, i don't understand why people don't like them
Not everyone likes everything, I'm sure there is plenty of music you don't like.
K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
not much actually
(Original post by Decahedron)
Not everyone likes everything, I'm sure there is plenty of music you don't like.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by KimNoel)
not much actually
How do you feel about Russian Hard Bass?
keiprice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thats so stupid people just look and judge like ugh!! i brought a bts poster to school and someone ripped it like im so heart broken
Toscana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its probably been said already but; the majority dont hate kpop, we dislike the fans because reasons
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Toscana)
its probably been said already but; the majority dont hate kpop, we dislike the fans because reasons
Could you provide me an example?
UGP1023
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m a hardcore BTS fan and I can confirm that most in the fandom(ARMY) are cray cray😣
dxnixl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s probably because of the obsessive and obnoxious nature of the fanbase.

I mean, it only takes you to go on twitter and click any trending hashtag, only to see fans spamming full fletched KPOP/BTS videos - regardless of the hashtags context - often leading to the perception that they only ‘want the views’ , not to mention how it looks extremely rude when posted with more serious / hard-hitting hashtags.

The fans are also, in general, really ‘squeemish’, posting their appreciation irrelevantly under posts. No one cares if you stan ‘enter name’.

I guess the BTS/KPop/BlackPink etc. community are seen as ‘weird’ due to the constant appreciation posts towards those of the likes of Jungkook - it’s abnormal. Hence making it look weird if, say a normal guy wanted to listen to the music, without being made fun of.

To summarise, the social activity towards Kpop and similar music by its fanbase, has formed a sort of ‘stigma’ against the genre of music in general.
Toscana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
they are annoying and insults anybody who doesnt 'stan' their favourite group or whatever. not all of them are like this im sure but on social media, they are the majority
Gorbachav
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
doesn't help that the music (as far as I've heard) is devoid of any experience or emotion, it just seems to be 'catchy' over produced crap, pushed by pretty-face clones. If it's what you like then fine, but I can't understand why
UGP1023
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gorbachav)
doesn't help that the music (as far as I've heard) is devoid of any experience or emotion, it just seems to be 'catchy' over produced crap, pushed by pretty-face clones. If it's what you like then fine, but I can't understand why
I agree with the fandom being crazy, but this is not true at all, what this is, is a classic case of hating it without ever listening to it. here comes my examples

1.a boy made a song about how his dead mother thought the piano and now he is so obsessed with it, that he forgets to live, because that is the only way he can still feel a connection with her.

2. Another boy made a song about how he was abandoned by his mother but he is saying that it is okay because that is what made him who he is today.

3. A song made by a group of people about a homosexual couple experiencing hate and abuse, but still wants to be together, so they start a rebellion but ends up killing themselves together.

And I can write many more examples
Last edited by UGP1023; 1 week ago
WildLuxray99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Taz554:-))
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case
I think a lot of people dislike kpop (usually just the main popular groups like bts and stuff) mainly cos of the fanbase itself being a bit too obsessive and crazy. The music isn't bad but I think its unfortunately one of those fanbases that get a bad rep due to certain fans There are probably people who are equally as crazy about hating it just because its something popular, again that's pretty unnecessary to do but it just happens :/
Last edited by WildLuxray99; 1 week ago
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Taz554:-))
Especially people i know, extremely racist/xenephobic and judging, however not even hearing a single song by a kpop artist except something like Gangnam style which i think they forget or like blatantly ignore is kpop? Its just generally A LOT people who do this except the kpop fans who hide it. ive been personally picked on about my music choice and its getting to a point where im thinking everyone hates kpop when thats not the case
I'm personally not really into or interested about K-pop but the fans (ARMY?) they idolise them like they're gods when there are shocking things going on behind the scenes in K-pop i.e. not allowed to be in a relationship that's really silly and sad because if they do end up in a relationship guess what? some of the fans will be up in arms about it.
Last edited by Starlight15; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (129)
27.74%
1 (69)
14.84%
2 (72)
15.48%
3 (74)
15.91%
4 (37)
7.96%
5 (30)
6.45%