Best Friendship (6)
66.67%
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What’s more important?

So yesterday, my best friend posted on her story that she loved her boyfriend sooo much and that he was her best friend.

Jokingly, I msged her “what’s that supposed to mean?” With a bunch of 🤨 emojis and then sent “jk”.

She responded with “oh don’t worry, it was a joke. You’re my best friend obvs”.

But then that got me thinking, does she really find me more important than her boyfriend. I mean, if she didn’t, I would totally be okay with that because well, it makes sense. Partners are meant to be a more intimate and close relationship but she’s always telling me how “my boyfriend will never replace how special you are to me” and stuff like that. It genuinely makes me feel bad because it feels like she’s putting pressure on herself.

Frankly, I think I’d always appreciate my best friendships over a relationship but I guess it depends on the person.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by ItsTomii; 1 week ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Friendship is more important, just about all relationships fail quickly anyway.

Easy for me to say though as I’m an Aro Ace, so I assume most will say relationships are better.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Like if your boyfriend and best friend fought (imagine they both had completely fair arguments), whose side would you pick.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My ex complained about a 30min train ride to come and see me, my best friends are going to travel 15000km to visit me...So...:flute: It's also very unlikely to happen because my best friends are the kindest souls and would never argue with my partner . I would pick my partner over my friends in almost all other circumstances.

In all seriousness, I do think there is a special bond between romantic partners (at least I hope there is). I personally would pray never to be put in a situation where I have to pick one party over the other. If I had to...I would try to evaluate the situation as fairly/impartially as possible.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ItsTomii)
What’s more important?

So yesterday, my best friend posted on her story that she loved her boyfriend sooo much and that he was her best friend.

Jokingly, I msged her “what’s that supposed to mean?” With a bunch of 🤨 emojis and then sent “jk”.

She responded with “oh don’t worry, it was a joke. You’re my best friend obvs”.

But then that got me thinking, does she really find me more important than her boyfriend. I mean, if she didn’t, I would totally be okay with that because well, it makes sense. Partners are meant to be a more intimate and close relationship but she’s always telling me how “my boyfriend will never replace how special you are to me” and stuff like that. It genuinely makes me feel bad because it feels like she’s putting pressure on herself.

Frankly, I think I’d always appreciate my best friendships over a relationship but I guess it depends on the person.

Any thoughts?
Most people will probably answer best friendship

but tbh most people love their boyfriends, however I don't think the same is true regarding most people and their best friend

therefore if it came down to a life or death situation where they had to save either their boyfriend or their best friend it would be the boyfriend who gets saved most times
BLACKPINKK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
your partner should be your best friend
LemonCoffee7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BLACKPINKK)
your partner should be your best friend
Oooh deep!

In my current situation I would definietly pick my best friend. I guess it all depends on people's relationship status with their best friends and partners.

Its great that you can have a supportive, low-key relationship with best friends. Personally I think a partner is a different sort of best friend.

Yeah, whoever I end up marrying has a huge threshold to cross, as I have 3 best friends who are always there for the bad times.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My guitars.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads