thankye very much!
(Original post by kkai)
Goodluck
drystar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm aiming for all 9s too! How's your revision going?
heckinbamboozled
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by drystar)
I'm aiming for all 9s too! How's your revision going?
Yay someone else that understands the struggle!!! So far I have been doing English lit revision and art, which have actually been enjoyable - ikr shock, horror! But they've gone pretty well, for English I am just reviewing context for 'An Inspector Calls' and 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' as I haven't properly studied them in over a year despite having a mock on the both of them (hence my 6s in English), my bad. At the moment im just getting on top of all of my art sketchbook work and planning my final piece which is a bit of nightmare but will hopefully get me that 9 😂. I've also done a couple of maths past papers which were surprisingly good as I don't revise for maths normally and just went straight into them. Hbu??
LeapingLucy
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck! Back when I did GCSEs, I was aiming for all A*s - obviously slightly less daunting than all 9s, though still stressful!

But remember to be kind to yourself. There's nothing wrong with aiming high and wanting to get all 9s, but try not to define that as the minimum requirement for success. If you end up with mostly 9s and a few 8s, you will still have done incredibly well.
heckinbamboozled
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I rlly needed to hear that, thank you!! My school is very highly academic, so getting all 9s and 8s has been drilled into us from day one and our frequent testing has actually made the whole idea of getting all 9s less daunting, which idk if I should be glad of or worried that I am mentally insane/unstable?!?!
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Good luck! Back when I did GCSEs, I was aiming for all A*s - obviously slightly less daunting than all 9s, though still stressful!

But remember to be kind to yourself. There's nothing wrong with aiming high and wanting to get all 9s, but try not to define that as the minimum requirement for success. If you end up with mostly 9s and a few 8s, you will still have done incredibly well.
LeapingLucy
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by heckinbamboozled)
I rlly needed to hear that, thank you!! My school is very highly academic, so getting all 9s and 8s has been drilled into us from day one and our frequent testing has actually made the whole idea of getting all 9s less daunting, which idk if I should be glad of or worried that I am mentally insane/unstable?!?!
I went to a similar sort of school - my school actually read out a list in assembly of people who had got 9A*s (they dressed it up as a prize, but everyone knew what it meant), so my biggest fear during GCSEs was that I wouldn't get 9A*s and everybody would know.

There's nothing wrong with aiming for all 9s though and it certainly doesn't make you insane or unstable - my only advice would be to remember that your academic performance doesn't define you as a person. It shouldn't be the only thing on which you base your self-worth, because then at some point in the future when you do experience academic failure - be it at school/uni/whatever - it will be far harder to be resilient & move on.

Try to be cognisant of all the other things that make you 'you' - obviously revision and academics are your focus right now, but don't lose sight of the other things. They're important too!
heckinbamboozled
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
today I have managed to complete 2 more hours of art and have gone through unit 2 (organisation) of biology. Over the next few days I want to up my work volume because I've been struggling to do any revision, so I'm thinking if I slowly build it up I will be able to revise for the majority of a day. my school advised everyone to split the day into 3, so morning, afternoon and evening, and said to revise for 2 of them and relax in the other. I feel like that will probably work well for me considering I work best in the evening but i could still get artwork done in the earlier hours )
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
laurenevans30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
any predictions for AQA

Blood brothers

Christmas carol

Romeo and Juliet

Love and relationship poem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads