My friends make fun of me... Watch

sunhurricane26
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m in college and I have 3 friends in my class that I hang out with during lunchtime and break. They have all had sex multiple times and had multiple partners, we can’t go 5 minutes without talking about something relating to sex. I’m a virgin and recently they’ve been making jokes about my virginity, and referencing it a lot. It makes me uncomfortable and I’ve told them this but they keep doing it any way. What can I do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
imna2212
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Get rid of them periodtt
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They may be exaggerating.
RazzzBerries
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I read the title and I immediately knew what I'd be responding: they're not your friends. Find people that are worth your time and energy.
sunhurricane26
Rep:
?
I wish I could, I’m just waiting to the end of college as it’s not long to go!
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you going into University/Work afterwards? If so you will make plenty like minded friends!
sunhurricane26
Rep:
?
Yes! I’m going to university afterwards with one of the friends but she doesn’t make the jokes or join in so I think it’ll be fine! I’m not going to spend all my time with her anyway.
namkeen-kuthi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They’re just immature
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sunhurricane26)
Yes! I’m going to university afterwards with one of the friends but she doesn’t make the jokes or join in so I think it’ll be fine! I’m not going to spend all my time with her anyway.
Here's to getting out of college ASAP and making good friends who won't treat you badly! What I learnt is having few friends were better than having tons of fake friends...
sunhurricane26
Rep:
?
Very true! I’ve had other fake friends previously from an old friend group that I’ve had to cut out!
sunhurricane26
Rep:
?
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
They’re just immature
Very true, I can’t believe they’ve had sex when they’re so immature... I know more than them about sex anyways 😂
namkeen-kuthi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very true, I can’t believe they’ve had sex when they’re so immature... I know more than them about sex anyways 😂
quality ... not quantity of 😂😂
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It will be helpful to identify what exactly is making you uncomfortable. The constant sex talk or them referring to your virginity? If it's the former then re-evaluate your friend group/priorities. If it's the latter then definitely talk to them about it, sometimes they may not understand the severity of the issue and how much it is really bothering you.

Don't feel pressured in any way tho. I'm in a similar situation but I have my reasons and I know what I want, so it doesn't really bother me that much. Usually, I just laugh with them because it's not one of my insecurities. :dontknow:
sunhurricane26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
It will be helpful to identify what exactly is making you uncomfortable. The constant sex talk or them referring to your virginity? If it's the former then re-evaluate your friend group/priorities. If it's the latter then definitely talk to them about it, sometimes they may not understand the severity of the issue and how much it is really bothering you.

Don't feel pressured in any way tho. I'm in a similar situation but I have my reasons and I know what I want, so it doesn't really bother me that much. Usually, I just laugh with them because it's not one of my insecurities. :dontknow:
It’s not an insecurity of mine, I couldn’t care less about having sex. It’s the fact they don’t respect my privacy the most, as it’s ultimately my decision. And it’s none of their business, I just get fed up that it’s the only thing they can talk about.
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I presume you're a girl? In which case just call them slappers and move on.
sunhurricane26
Rep:
?
(Original post by That'sGreat)
I presume you're a girl? In which case just call them slappers and move on.
I am a girl, but I’m not going to do that 😂 it’s none of my business what they do with their bodies as it’s none of their business what I do with mine.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
quality ... not quantity of 😂😂
look at you being all wise lol
Melobond
Badges: 9
Report 1 week ago
if they don't have anything to talk about other than sex then they must have no personality and nothing else in common
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s not an insecurity of mine, I couldn’t care less about having sex. It’s the fact they don’t respect my privacy the most, as it’s ultimately my decision. And it’s none of their business, I just get fed up that it’s the only thing they can talk about.
Fair enough, very understandable.

Again, just talk to them first and see where it goes from there. My guess is that they might tone it down a tad but ultimately it’s for you to decide whether or not you see a long term friendship, given your different..interests. All the best tho.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some "friends" they are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads