Freshers 2019 Watch

Nansy Samaka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I've already confirmed my place at Keele and would love to get in touch with any more incoming students or current students there. What are y'all excited about? Where are you all from and stuff? Let's chat!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Leviathan1741
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nansy Samaka)
So I've already confirmed my place at Keele and would love to get in touch with any more incoming students or current students there. What are y'all excited about? Where are you all from and stuff? Let's chat!
Well done for getting your place at Keele! I'm going to be graduating from Keele in July
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Well done for getting your place at Keele! I'm going to be graduating from Keele in July
That's awesome!!! What are you graduating in?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
When I'm there I ain't making supper. Gonna steal flatmates food Haha because I eat one meal a day so I'll eat when they're sleeping
Leviathan1741
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's awesome!!! What are you graduating in?
Thanks! I'll be graduating in BSc Geoscience
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
Thanks! I'll be graduating in BSc Geoscience
Congratulations to you!! 🎉🐿 How was your experience in Keele? Did you partake in any of the societies and clubs?
Leviathan1741
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congratulations to you!! 🎉🐿 How was your experience in Keele? Did you partake in any of the societies and clubs?
My experience of the uni itself has been mostly positive. I occasionally went to socials held by KRAP (the rock and metal music society at Keele), but often I was too tired to attend any social events my coursemates attend quite a few different societies though including rowing, crafts, dance, drama, debating etc
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Reply to my comment please mate
My experience of the uni itself has been mostly positive. I occasionally went to socials held by KRAP (the rock and metal music society at Keele), but often I was too tired to attend any social events my coursemates attend quite a few different societies though including rowing, crafts, dance, drama, debating etc
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I'm there I ain't making supper. Gonna steal flatmates food Haha because I eat one meal a day so I'll eat when they're sleeping
I mean, you could always offer a helping hand in cooking instead of just scavenging food overnight lol
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
Cool cool, I see!! That's good to know I'll be doing a foundation year and then moving on to a degree in forensic science with neuroscience. I'm hoping to get very involved in some arts clubs/societies like film and dance.
Leviathan1741
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You could get a takeaway? Or live on ready meals so you don't have to cook. Stealing food in halls isn't necessary (or tolerated!)
Cool cool, I see!! That's good to know I'll be doing a foundation year and then moving on to a degree in forensic science with neuroscience. I'm hoping to get very involved in some arts clubs/societies like film and dance.
Those sound like interesting course choices, best of luck!
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
Those sound like interesting course choices, best of luck!
Thanks!! Did you enjoy being in the countryside? Spotted a lot of squirrels ushering about in trees?
Leviathan1741
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks!! Did you enjoy being in the countryside? Spotted a lot of squirrels ushering about in trees?
Yes haha! I much prefer the countryside to a city environment. There are soo many squirrels at Keele, you'll probably see at least one whenever you walk around campus. It's nice having so much greenery around, and Keele Hall is beautiful
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
Yes haha! I much prefer the countryside to a city environment. There are soo many squirrels at Keele, you'll probably see at least one whenever you walk around campus. It's nice having so much greenery around, and Keele Hall is beautiful
That's so awesome. I've lived in the city for most of my life so I'm really excited to experience some nature, be able to go on a nice walk or run in the morning, and maybe even see some squirrels here and there. I've heard Keele has some awesome cherry blossom trees as well as other flora and fauna, pretty excited about that too!
Leviathan1741
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's so awesome. I've lived in the city for most of my life so I'm really excited to experience some nature, be able to go on a nice walk or run in the morning, and maybe even see some squirrels here and there. I've heard Keele has some awesome cherry blossom trees as well as other flora and fauna, pretty excited about that too!
That's true, there is a path called Cherry Tree Walk which has lots of cherry trees on either side
Orangeiswhite
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I’ve got an offer from them for med but I’m still unsure whether to firm them cuase I live in a city?? Any advice from people who had this problem before b?
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Orangeiswhite)
Hey, I’ve got an offer from them for med but I’m still unsure whether to firm them cuase I live in a city?? Any advice from people who had this problem before b?
I can't say I've entirely understood? Are you saying that because you live in a city you might have a harder time adapting to the countryside?
I'm a future student there but I live in a big city too.
Orangeiswhite
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't say I've entirely understood? Are you saying that because you live in a city you might have a harder time adapting to the countryside?
I'm a future student there but I live in a big city too.
Yes that’s basically it. I haven’t firmed anything yet, I really like keele as a med school but the nearest city is stoke on Trent and they don’t really have a welcoming reputation, especially to those of ethnic minorities.
Nansy Samaka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Orangeiswhite)
Yes that’s basically it. I haven’t firmed anything yet, I really like keele as a med school but the nearest city is stoke on Trent and they don’t really have a welcoming reputation, especially to those of ethnic minorities.
I see. Look, the way I see it is that you'll get challenged a little more by going somewhere different. Getting out of your comfort zone may bring the best out of you!! Especially since you like the program I'd say go for it.

I had a bit of a hard time with that as well at first but after looking at the program they were offering me and comparing it with my other offers I was set on it. If you feel like you really love the program that's arguably more important. That's some advice I got from my friend who studies in London when I asked him a while ago.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I dont care because if I steal food they eint know it's me because they will be sleeping and theres no CCTV inside the kitchens Haha not my fault if they dont lock their food away!
I see. Look, the way I see it is that you'll get challenged a little more by going somewhere different. Getting out of your comfort zone may bring the best out of you!! Especially since you like the program I'd say go for it.

I had a bit of a hard time with that as well at first but after looking at the program they were offering me and comparing it with my other offers I was set on it. If you feel like you really love the program that's arguably more important. That's some advice I got from my friend who studies in London when I asked him a while ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads