The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Freshers 2019

Scroll to see replies

Guys, is Keele meant to send us an email before we can book accommodation? Because if yes, I haven’t gotten that mail yet so I haven’t done anything concerning accommodation
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
If you've confirmed your place then yes, they should have. Probably best to call/email them on Tuesday.
Original post by olawaleag
Guys, is Keele meant to send us an email before we can book accommodation? Because if yes, I haven’t gotten that mail yet so I haven’t done anything concerning accommodation
Reply 62
Original post by remussjhj01
My main thing is music, but I don't just play classical. I sing and play bass in a band and I write songs. I also really like maths (I do it in my free time even though I don't do the a-level, everyone thinks I'm weird) and astrophysics (ever since I was a kid, like, 7).
And forensic science seems to be popular! What kinds of things are you guys into?

DUDE. I was always that weird person in school too!! Though not in math, but in chemistry heh. I'm really fascinated with astrophysics and cosmology, that's super cool!

Wow, seems you're multi-talented! I wish I had that much talent in music. I love to sing but can barely manage to play a ukulele and can definitely not write songs. Other than that I love to dance and have recently been wanting to explore the art of storytelling music videos. And videomaking in general.
I’ve confirmed my place since like March and I haven’t gotten anything. Maybe because I’m an international student? I don’t know.
If you've confirmed your place then yes, they should have. Probably best to call/email them on Tuesday.
Original post by atinybean
DUDE. I was always that weird person in school too!! Though not in math, but in chemistry heh. I'm really fascinated with astrophysics and cosmology, that's super cool!

Wow, seems you're multi-talented! I wish I had that much talent in music. I love to sing but can barely manage to play a ukulele and can definitely not write songs. Other than that I love to dance and have recently been wanting to explore the art of storytelling music videos. And videomaking in general.

I loved chemistry too, I just preferred maths. Unfortunately I had a sh*tty teacher in year ten from after christmas until the last half term, which is part of the reason I didn't do as well as a should have, I hated him, he hated me and it made me hate the subject. Astrophysics and cosmology are AMAZING. I'm still half considering changing to maths and astrophysics, but I really love music so idk.
What kind of dancing do you do? I used to do ballet but it didn't really work out lmao. Also videomaking is super cool. I bet there'll be loads of cool societies you can be in!
I imagine they'll be closed tomorrow, cause it's a bank holiday, but on Tuesday call them or e-mail them now so they get back to you on Tuesday.
Original post by olawaleag
I’ve confirmed my place since like March and I haven’t gotten anything. Maybe because I’m an international student? I don’t know.
Okay I will, thanks a lot.

I imagine they'll be closed tomorrow, cause it's a bank holiday, but on Tuesday call them or e-mail them now so they get back to you on Tuesday.
it actually would! We’ll have to all meet in sept!
That would be cool! I seem to remember reading you find out who you're sharing with before you move in, but do not recall how, so I guess we'll find out. Also, cool course! Sounds super interesting!

My main thing is music, but I don't just play classical. I sing and play bass in a band and I write songs. I also really like maths (I do it in my free time even though I don't do the a-level, everyone thinks I'm weird) and astrophysics (ever since I was a kid, like, 7).
And forensic science seems to be popular! What kinds of things are you guys into?

Hahahahahah that'd be awesome!
Original post by Ejward181

We should!
Reply 69
Original post by Ejward181

YES!!! For sure :biggrin:
Reply 70
I loved chemistry too, I just preferred maths. Unfortunately I had a sh*tty teacher in year ten from after christmas until the last half term, which is part of the reason I didn't do as well as a should have, I hated him, he hated me and it made me hate the subject. Astrophysics and cosmology are AMAZING. I'm still half considering changing to maths and astrophysics, but I really love music so idk.
What kind of dancing do you do? I used to do ballet but it didn't really work out lmao. Also videomaking is super cool. I bet there'll be loads of cool societies you can be in!

I did ballet too, for 9 years! Nowadays I don't take lessons anymore but actively dance with friends/by myself. Oh yeah, I was surprised by how many societies there seem to be. They're all listed in the KSU website and I'm interested in a bunch of them!
I did ballet too, for 9 years! Nowadays I don't take lessons anymore but actively dance with friends/by myself. Oh yeah, I was surprised by how many societies there seem to be. They're all listed in the KSU website and I'm interested in a bunch of them!

Wow that's amazing! I bet you're great! I'm sure there's a dance society you can join to keep it up!
I applied for one of the ensuite rooms in Lindsay Hall as my first choice
I'm going to Keele in September too. I'm doing maths and music with a foundation year and am going to study a language alongside it (probaably Spanish). The foundation year will be just maths though, so if anyone's doing that a maths foundation year, we might be in the same lectures. What accommodation have people applied for?
I've applied for that too! :smile:
Original post by Emi_Rxse
I applied for one of the ensuite rooms in Lindsay Hall as my first choice
Cool! What are you going to study?
Original post by 2eeevie2
I've applied for that too! :smile:
I'm from a town near Brighton, but go to college in Brighton. I listen to mostly rock (muse, green day, the beatles etc) but my first instrument is classical guitar (I can play a couple other things too, but not as well). What courses are you guys doing?

Ooh I love the Beatles! (I've only just seen these messages so that's why I'm replying so late!😊😊)
English Literature and Philosophy. You?
Cool! What are you going to study?
Geography. Are you thinking of joining any societies?
Ooh I love the Beatles! (I've only just seen these messages so that's why I'm replying so late!😊😊)

Yesss same. I always loved them when I was a kid and I'm just starting to get back into them.

Cool course choice too!
Which song is your favourite? Mine is a toss up between Eleanor Rigby and Penny Lane :smile:

Yesss same. I always loved them when I was a kid and I'm just starting to get back into them.

Cool course choice too!

Quick Reply

Latest