The Student Room Group

What am i supposed to do?!

Right so I’m doing A-Level bio, chem and maths, and i love them all. I love learning biochemistry in biology, i love all of chem and i love doing pure maths. I don’t know which degree is for me and idk what job is for me? Whether to work in healthcare as a doctor or pharmacist, or maybe as a researcher or maybe go into secondary school/sixth form teaching. I love talking to people, genuinely enjoy science and would like a decent salary. I don’t mind working hard at all!
Sorry for the rant but any help would be appreciated!
Reply 1
Find a career that involves all of the subjects you like. research what degrees you can do with your subject and list all ones that are realistic and ones that interest you. Research them and then see which one are the best for you! I do the same subjects and had the same problem. I opted to go for pharmacy because there is a clear future for them and there is an almost guaranteed job!
Original post by bob981
Find a career that involves all of the subjects you like. research what degrees you can do with your subject and list all ones that are realistic and ones that interest you. Research them and then see which one are the best for you! I do the same subjects and had the same problem. I opted to go for pharmacy because there is a clear future for them and there is an almost guaranteed job!

Really? Everything i heard was negative for pharmacy in terms of no jobs, or getting stuck in community so i thought it wasn’t for me. Even though clinical pharmacists are taking over
Reply 3
Original post by d0nkey_dude
Really? Everything i heard was negative for pharmacy in terms of no jobs, or getting stuck in community so i thought it wasn’t for me. Even though clinical pharmacists are taking over

In the area I’m from (rural) there are loads of jobs for pharmacists whether that be in a hospital or working in a gp clinic! Of course most people go community but the role of a pharmacist will advance in the next 10 years or so as the NHS plan to take some pressure off gp’s (over 40% want to quit after 3 years!) making many more jobs for pharmacists. There are many careers to be had in healthcare if that’s what you want.
Original post by bob981
In the area I’m from (rural) there are loads of jobs for pharmacists whether that be in a hospital or working in a gp clinic! Of course most people go community but the role of a pharmacist will advance in the next 10 years or so as the NHS plan to take some pressure off gp’s (over 40% want to quit after 3 years!) making many more jobs for pharmacists. There are many careers to be had in healthcare if that’s what you want.

Yeah that’s brilliant! Seems like it could go uphill for pharmacists!

Quick Reply

Latest