What do people think about notre dam? Watch

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Absolutely tragic. A real jewel of gothic architecture. Its stunning stained glass windows have been lost as well as the timber roof which was built by craftsmen from 5,000 oak trees. Henry VI of England was also a Plantagenet king to have been crowned king of France there in 1431. I’m a lover of all things medieval so this hasn’t been great news.
:console:

let's hope that the French Government takes steps to protect the remaining Cathedrals.
BLACKPINKK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sad
z-hog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, it's very sad. Is it going to be restored, they could use the UK's extended membership fee of the EU. It's about 9 billion a year.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Yes, it's very sad. Is it going to be restored, they could use the UK's extended membership fee of the EU. It's about 9 billion a year.
we need that money for legal aid for Jemima Begom
Kallisto
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
There's no evidence it's just a theory but I think it's been ruled out now and renovation is more likely
Thought rather about reassembly (wrong word before), because parts of the notre dame seem to be destroyed completely.
Mixedraceguy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
we need that money for legal aid for Jemima Begom
Shamima begum?
RazzzBerries
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
It's indoctrinated nonsense. It makes no sense to torture your son / yourself to death to be able to forgive. I'd really like to hear, and try to understand, how this makes sense to you.

I do respect people's right to believe what they want to. That is different from respecting a belief, especially when it's illogical nonsense.
The people didn’t believe Jesus’ preachings. Many laughed at him; mocked him. Even as he was nailed to the cross, many asked “Why isn’t your God saving you?”. No one was williing to repent, so he took the load off everyone else. He died, saving me. That is what I believe.

The chicken bake at Greggs? The “slime” craze? The hype over the Kardashians? That’s all illogical nonsense to me. However, I still respect the people who have high opinions of these since it’s the morally right thing to do.

If you have any more questions regarding my faith, please feel free to PM me. I’ll be more than happy to answer.

I would rather keep discussions out of this thread, as it is to do with the saddening events of the Notre Dame fire.
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://youtu.be/L0zpkFlJ95I
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A cultural tragedy. I hope they restore it, and I expect that they will.
ollie1520
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sad times
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Without the renovations I would have thought possibly terror related but with renovations I would say it is highly likely to be accidental.
It is far from unusual for such things to happens when work is being carried out.
The Rennie Mackintosh Glasgow Art School fire for instance.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
my immediate reaction to this news was "judgement of God", "Good" and "I hope no one is injured".
Judgement for what? If you have your own son / yourself tortured and killed, I guess that you're mentally unstable enough to destroy your own house.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nalk1573)
could be terrorism

it has happened before , on a much smaller scale

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-phillipe-isis
Could be aliens too, it has the same amount of evidence as your claim. Why speculate? Not a shed of evidence to even suggest terrorism, or anything conclusive for that matter. How about you leave the investigating to the professionals.
Last edited by 3121; 1 week ago
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
The people didn’t believe Jesus’ preachings. Many laughed at him; mocked him. Even as he was nailed to the cross, many asked “Why isn’t your God saving you?”. No one was williing to repent, so he took the load off everyone else. He died, saving me. That is what I believe.
You believe in vicarious redemption through human sacrifice - how first century.

The chicken bake at Greggs? The “slime” craze? The hype over the Kardashians? That’s all illogical nonsense to me. However, I still respect the people who have high opinions of these since it’s the morally right thing to do.
Those are things that some people like, not opinions that can be supported, or disputed, by evidence or logic.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 3121)
Could be aliens too, it has the same amount of evidence as your claim. Why speculate? Not a shed of evidence to even suggest terrorism, or anything conclusive for that matter. How about you leave the investigating to the professionals.
Exactly. Never underestimate the power of incompetence, or indoctrination ..
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
What do people think about notre dam was it natural like an act of god or was it an act of terrorism?
Well, an "act of God" would fit with his vicious and illogical claimed previous acts - petulant child meets psychopath.
MongoDB
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Obviously an act of divine intervention.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
my immediate reaction to this news was "judgement of God", "Good" and "I hope no one is injured".
what an odd way to respond.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At least one of the huge, stunning stained glass windows has survived.
Attached files
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
At least one of the huge, stunning stained glass windows has survived.
that is marvelous news
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads