I get obsessed/addicted very easily Watch

anonymous_117
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I’m 17 atm and the thing is I get addicted to anything basically. For example, about 2-3 years ago I heard about wattpad from someone and decided to check it out, I liked it and kept reading on it and it soon became an obsession as in I would always think about it and want to read. I would literally go on the app at breaks otherwise I would have this like tingling/butterfly feeling and I know it sounds as though it’s because of something else but it’s not. I’ve stopped since by deleting my account but recently I made a Netflix account and if I don’t watch whatever I am currently watching it’s on my mind 24/7 and it’s horrible, it gets in my way of studying aswell. I feel a strong urge to watch or do whatever it is that intrigues me and I can’t stop. It happens over everything not just apps etc. Also if I like someone I tend to think about them all the time as well, so am I addicted or normal?

This is kinda not to do with this but in a way it does. I have certain items I like placed in certain places and if I don’t fix it and put it in it’s original place I panic and basically have to do it or I end up thinking that something bad will happens to someone or on a certain day. For example, if I don’t put my laptop in the same position it is always in i would get a thought that something was harm my sister or mum etc. It’s horrible and I hate it. I’ve tried to stop it by kind of turning the thoughts around as in if something was to happen to my sister I would alter the thought to make it happen to me but I still do it a lot.

I’m weird.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you're overreacting/thinking. I relate heavily to your first paragraph. It happens to everyone. Not really the last part.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 1 week ago
Samsam2019
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do not take this as any form of diagnosis, but ever thought about whether it could be mild autism/aspergers?
(Original post by anonymous_117)
So basically I’m 17 atm and the thing is I get addicted to anything basically. For example, about 2-3 years ago I heard about wattpad from someone and decided to check it out, I liked it and kept reading on it and it soon became an obsession as in I would always think about it and want to read. I would literally go on the app at breaks otherwise I would have this like tingling/butterfly feeling and I know it sounds as though it’s because of something else but it’s not. I’ve stopped since by deleting my account but recently I made a Netflix account and if I don’t watch whatever I am currently watching it’s on my mind 24/7 and it’s horrible, it gets in my way of studying aswell. I feel a strong urge to watch or do whatever it is that intrigues me and I can’t stop. It happens over everything not just apps etc. Also if I like someone I tend to think about them all the time as well, so am I addicted or normal?

This is kinda not to do with this but in a way it does. I have certain items I like placed in certain places and if I don’t fix it and put it in it’s original place I panic and basically have to do it or I end up thinking that something bad will happens to someone or on a certain day. For example, if I don’t put my laptop in the same position it is always in i would get a thought that something was harm my sister or mum etc. It’s horrible and I hate it. I’ve tried to stop it by kind of turning the thoughts around as in if something was to happen to my sister I would alter the thought to make it happen to me but I still do it a lot.

I’m weird.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you should go and talk about this to your GP since no one can diagnose you here.But good luck and hopefully you can get the help you need if you think this is having a big impact on your life.
anonymous_117
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hmm interesting, never really considered that.
(Original post by Samsam2019)
Do not take this as any form of diagnosis, but ever thought about whether it could be mild autism/aspergers?
Samsam2019
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As the poster above said, talk to your GP and go from there. I'm not a doctor and can't make that diagnosis.
(Original post by anonymous_117)
Hmm interesting, never really considered that.
Eian01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What you are doing is burdening yourself with overthinking, all you need is the strong purposeful schedule, prioritize things in life e.g where you see yourself in the next five years and act accordingly. Hope things will get better for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads