Should I do the GDL and LPC in the place I eventually want to live? Watch

susie9598
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I am currently a non-law student at Durham university. I would like to stay in the area (which would mean Northumbria uni) to do the GDL so that I can live with my boyfriend who will still be at Durham.

My questions are:
do I need to do the GDL and LPC in the same place?
And how long will I be tied to the area if I study them in Northumbria? Ideally I would like to move back down south after a few years.

Any advice appreciated as am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the info and possibilities!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by susie9598)
I am currently a non-law student at Durham university. I would like to stay in the area (which would mean Northumbria uni) to do the GDL so that I can live with my boyfriend who will still be at Durham.

My questions are:
do I need to do the GDL and LPC in the same place?
And how long will I be tied to the area if I study them in Northumbria? Ideally I would like to move back down south after a few years.

Any advice appreciated as am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the info and possibilities!
You don't need to do the GDL and LPC in the same place, no, you could change institutions after the GDL if you like.

And I don't really understand what you mean by being tied to the area - this would only happen once you get employed by a law firm as the training contract is for 2 years. But if you are self funding the GDL, you could leave the area at the end of the one year course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise