Shopping on my own Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I really want to go shopping in my own but I’m only 15 and when I’m out side on my own I’m fine it’s just the getting out of the house/ confidence in actually going out some where on my own. Any advice?
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really want to go shopping in my own but I’m only 15 and when I’m out side on my own I’m fine it’s just the getting out of the house/ confidence in actually going out some where on my own. Any advice?
Start small. Don't go straight into the town centre. Maybe to your local corner shop at first. You'll develop the confidence gradually. You'll notice that nobody pays attention to you because you're just another person doing their shopping. I felt like you at first but now I actually prefer going by myself instead of with people!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Maybe take an ipod so you can listen to music when you're out and about?
barror1
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No one is going to be fussed as long as you keep yourself to yourself. It sounds quite bad but it works! :laugh:
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
I used to be scared of pedophilia and such when I was 13 but then you develop confidence the more you do it.

At first just walk/cycle around your house area maybe to the end of the road and back then go further as you feel more confident such as going town yourself and back.

Make sure you go in day time not at night lol!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (369)
37.2%
No - but I will (75)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise