University of Exeter 2019 entry: Muslim students Watch

Kayyy30
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey guys! I just accepted my offer for medicine at Exeter (2019 entry) and I am soooo nervous! I just wanted to make this thread to see if there are any Muslims students applying? I’ve heard a lot of racism scandals in Exeter and I’m worried I might face some! I’m also concerned about halaal food, prayer rooms etc. Feel free to share your concerns (or PM me) if you have any too! I’m also really unsure what accommodation to apply for, any thoughts?
Kayyy30
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Oh! I was also wondering if there are any females who would potentially want to share an accommodation. Well, not necessarily share, but on the accommodation application when you have the option to apply for a room next to your “friend” as it would be nice to NOT go into the uni with without knowing a SINGLE soul even the slightest bit!
This is my first time moving out and I hate the thought of being alone so It would be appreciated
Last edited by Kayyy30; 6 days ago
Arisapo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Kayyy30)
Oh! I was also wondering if there are any females who would potentially want to share an accommodation. Well, not necessarily share, but on the accommodation application when you have the option to apply for a room next to your “friend” as it would be nice to NOT go into the uni with without knowing a SINGLE soul even the slightest bit!
This is my first time moving out and I hate the thought of being alone so It would be appreciated
Honestly, everyone else will be in the exact same position without knowing anyone so you’re not alone in the slightest.

The friend section is if you’re coming from home and you already know someone, it’s not just to try and arrange to be with someone beforehand.

You’ll be fine, everyone will be apprehensive but you’ll meet loads of people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.21%
No - but I will (74)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (477)
48.23%

Watched Threads