The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Exeter 2019 entry: Muslim students

Hey guys! I just accepted my offer for medicine at Exeter (2019 entry) and I am soooo nervous! I just wanted to make this thread to see if there are any Muslims students applying? I’ve heard a lot of racism scandals in Exeter and I’m worried I might face some! I’m also concerned about halaal food, prayer rooms etc. Feel free to share your concerns (or PM me) if you have any too! I’m also really unsure what accommodation to apply for, any thoughts?
Reply 1
Oh! I was also wondering if there are any females who would potentially want to share an accommodation. Well, not necessarily share, but on the accommodation application when you have the option to apply for a room next to your “friend” as it would be nice to NOT go into the uni with without knowing a SINGLE soul even the slightest bit!
This is my first time moving out and I hate the thought of being alone so It would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Kayyy30
Oh! I was also wondering if there are any females who would potentially want to share an accommodation. Well, not necessarily share, but on the accommodation application when you have the option to apply for a room next to your “friend” as it would be nice to NOT go into the uni with without knowing a SINGLE soul even the slightest bit!
This is my first time moving out and I hate the thought of being alone so It would be appreciated :smile:

Honestly, everyone else will be in the exact same position without knowing anyone so you’re not alone in the slightest.

The friend section is if you’re coming from home and you already know someone, it’s not just to try and arrange to be with someone beforehand.

You’ll be fine, everyone will be apprehensive but you’ll meet loads of people :smile:
Hi im indian and have firmed an offer for medicine at exeter and I was anxious about racism aswell. But i think it will be fine, just hoping I get the A-levels now.
Original post by Kayyy30
Hey guys! I just accepted my offer for medicine at Exeter (2019 entry) and I am soooo nervous! I just wanted to make this thread to see if there are any Muslims students applying? I’ve heard a lot of racism scandals in Exeter and I’m worried I might face some! I’m also concerned about halaal food, prayer rooms etc. Feel free to share your concerns (or PM me) if you have any too! I’m also really unsure what accommodation to apply for, any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending