Family advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So Im 23 male/eng grad/athlete/. Ever since I can remember I've been beaten/threaten by my parents especially my dad whether it be a knife, cleaver, bat, belt, any potential weapon nearby. I remember back in grade 5 my dad got mad at me and threw a pampers baby container at me and knocked my teeth out, which caused an uproar of laughter within my family:'(. From that day I plotted my reteliation...jk. So couple years ago my dad hit me for a petty reason and I retaliated only to then be tag teamed by my cousin, who is 27 and dad at the same time. After i retaliated with a Chuck Lidell overhand my dad seemed very upset and agressively cried later when I tried to apologize. In my culture its normal to be hit but sometimes its mind boogling the petty, small reasons I get hit for. If I don't answer my dad within 3 seconds I get yelled at, within 5 seconds I most likely would get smacked. Can you imagine? Hitting someone just cause they ignore you. If someone ignores me I'd just assume there going through a tough time and let everything workout organically. Sometimes all I want is to ignore my dad because even though there are pretty good times all I can really remember is the abuse I've gone through. My dad has some serious anger issues, like seriously. Now Im not going to pretend im the perfect son. As I tend to always endup fighting random people after night out with my boys. But this violent habit definetly stems from how I was raised.

My goal is to quickly find a salary job and move out so I can never see him again. Until then I just have to pray each day there be peace with me and my dad. Why did I share this? I don't know, just needed to let of my frustrations. If you read all of this your a gem, thanks for tuning in. Until next time.
LouiseRu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This behaviour is not normal but it is all you are used to.

You are in danger of absorbing it so it becomes your norm and so you are quick to fight etc.

You need to prioritise leaving home and your father behind.

Do not feel any guilt in this, it is best for you as a person as this experience is very damaging to you as a person.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Damn, respect bro. Just work hard on getting that joke and dip asap.
(Original post by Anonymous)
So Im 23 male/eng grad/athlete/. Ever since I can remember I've been beaten/threaten by my parents especially my dad whether it be a knife, cleaver, bat, belt, any potential weapon nearby. I remember back in grade 5 my dad got mad at me and threw a pampers baby container at me and knocked my teeth out, which caused an uproar of laughter within my family:'(. From that day I plotted my reteliation...jk. So couple years ago my dad hit me for a petty reason and I retaliated only to then be tag teamed by my cousin, who is 27 and dad at the same time. After i retaliated with a Chuck Lidell overhand my dad seemed very upset and agressively cried later when I tried to apologize. In my culture its normal to be hit but sometimes its mind boogling the petty, small reasons I get hit for. If I don't answer my dad within 3 seconds I get yelled at, within 5 seconds I most likely would get smacked. Can you imagine? Hitting someone just cause they ignore you. If someone ignores me I'd just assume there going through a tough time and let everything workout organically. Sometimes all I want is to ignore my dad because even though there are pretty good times all I can really remember is the abuse I've gone through. My dad has some serious anger issues, like seriously. Now Im not going to pretend im the perfect son. As I tend to always endup fighting random people after night out with my boys. But this violent habit definetly stems from how I was raised.

My goal is to quickly find a salary job and move out so I can never see him again. Until then I just have to pray each day there be peace with me and my dad. Why did I share this? I don't know, just needed to let of my frustrations. If you read all of this your a gem, thanks for tuning in. Until next time.
Anonymous #1
Think you ment "job" but ok thanks
(Original post by Anonymous)
Damn, respect bro. Just work hard on getting that joke and dip asap.
Anonymous #1
I concur. Amen.
(Original post by LouiseRu)
This behaviour is not normal but it is all you are used to.

You are in danger of absorbing it so it becomes your norm and so you are quick to fight etc.

You need to prioritise leaving home and your father behind.

Do not feel any guilt in this, it is best for you as a person as this experience is very damaging to you as a person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads