Insurance and Firm Choice Watch

Aoao108
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If I get high enough grades for both my firm choice and insurance choice, can I choose to go to my insurance instead?
emilycooper77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nope, sorry
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The Unis get your results 5 days before you do. This so they can process everything before Track reopens on Results Day morning.

As soon as your Firm accepts you (even if its as a 'near miss'), your Insurance choice disappears from the system. Its gone. You wont see it again.

ONLY if your Firm declines you, will your Insurance 'convert' to your new Firm.

(Lots of Results Day info here - read it all : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day)
Aoao108
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you for replying
(Original post by emilycooper77)
Nope, sorry
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aoao108)
If I get high enough grades for both my firm choice and insurance choice, can I choose to go to my insurance instead?
No, but if you now feel that you wish you had Firmed your Insurance, you could contact both unis and ask whether you could swap them on UCAS - contact the uni you now want to Firm first and see what they say
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
No, but if you now feel that you wish you had Firmed your Insurance, you could contact both unis and ask whether you could swap them on UCAS - contact the uni you now want to Firm first and see what they say
BUT be absolutely certain that this is what you want to do first. No University will enjoy being mucked about a second time, or listening to your phone call on Results Day morning when you realise you made the wrong decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads