carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am doing my yr10 mocks shortly and am trying to revise for geography, I want to perfect what revision strategies work best for me now so i'm not worrying about it before my real exams.There are quite a few case studies to learn for geography GCSE and I am struggling to revise them. I was wondering if there were any good techniques to revise them other then just flashcards???
avabecca165
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in year 11 now and I got a 9 in my mocks from ONLY learning the case studies and just concentrating in lessons for the rest of the information. The case studies include quite a lot of the key learning and understanding points for the whole topic. I made one (big) flashcard for each one, there's around 20, and just got friends and family to test me. Would definitely recommend learning them off by heart, because without them you won't be able to score high on many questions 6 marks or over. Some 4 mark questions even require case studies! So flashcards with key dates, facts and statistics are so so important.
carxlinefxrbes_
Rep:
?
Thank you! I'll be sure to test out this revision method for my mocks to see if it works.
(Original post by avabecca165)
I'm in year 11 now and I got a 9 in my mocks from ONLY learning the case studies and just concentrating in lessons for the rest of the information. The case studies include quite a lot of the key learning and understanding points for the whole topic. I made one (big) flashcard for each one, there's around 20, and just got friends and family to test me. Would definitely recommend learning them off by heart, because without them you won't be able to score high on many questions 6 marks or over. Some 4 mark questions even require case studies! So flashcards with key dates, facts and statistics are so so important.
carxlinefxrbes_
Rep:
?
Is there any chance that you could upload a photo of one of these flashcards so I could see how you have set them out. No worries if you can't though, thanks
(Original post by avabecca165)
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Case studies are definitely important, though it might depend on the exam board. In one of my Geo mock papers, case studies made up half of the marks! The long answer questions are most likely going to be on the case studies.
avabecca165
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  QJOjU6iAS1CgKMhlPPyYRw.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  200.4 KBName:  C0MPmUHIQFqKtuHtP6qFPQ.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  207.7 KB

This is my flashcard for the tectonic hazards LIC v HIC and I just highlight the key points I need to remember to include in answers in pink. I am going to be finished with my exams in about 2 months so I could send you the flashcards in the post if you wanted them because they wouldn't be useful to me anymore?

(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)Is there any chance that you could upload a photo of one of these flashcards so I could see how you have set them out. No worries if you can't though, thanks
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Geography.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (56)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.65%
No I am happy with my choice (109)
55.61%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed