The Student Room Group

I really hate going on holiday

So as we speak i’m on holiday in Kulumpa and I really can’t think of anything I hate more. I have some come with my parents and i’m 21 and seriously am hating it, counting the days till we are back. All we seem to do is go to shopping malls and this really bores me and makes me really tired but my mum insists we keep going out to these malls. We don’t even really buy anything it’s just window shopping and I am become really frustrated and it’s giving me depression. Holidays are meant to relax people but it’s giving me depression. So am I just being moody and need to lighten up or is my Mum making me hate this holiday because we are only doing stuff like shopping or am I just not a holiday person?
rule 1. don't go on a holiday with parents.
Reply 2
Original post by I'mComingOxford
rule 1. don't go on a holiday with parents.

Ok, I thought I was just being really moody. But if other people feel the same it’s fine
You hate going on holiday because you're not doing things you enjoy or find interesting. It seems like your parents are only doing what they want to do. When I go on holiday with my parents, we do something different each day (and shopping is never involved, other than maybe a souvenir) such as visiting old historic buildings, museums, theme parks etc. You should say to your parents that they can shop anywhere, that you're sure there's more to do and see here. Every place has a history and usually have a museum/tourist places to visit. Honestly, it feels like they're wasting their time and money being there if they're not taking in all the sites. It's like going to Paris for the first time and only shopping there, never visiting the Eiffel tower or the catacombs.
Original post by Anonymous
So as we speak i’m on holiday in Kulumpa and I really can’t think of anything I hate more. I have some come with my parents and i’m 21 and seriously am hating it, counting the days till we are back. All we seem to do is go to shopping malls and this really bores me and makes me really tired but my mum insists we keep going out to these malls. We don’t even really buy anything it’s just window shopping and I am become really frustrated and it’s giving me depression. Holidays are meant to relax people but it’s giving me depression. So am I just being moody and need to lighten up or is my Mum making me hate this holiday because we are only doing stuff like shopping or am I just not a holiday person?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending