foundation or higher?? Watch

yosi2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi!
im year 9! can i choose higher for maths or the teachers sets it??
i want to do gcse higher
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is normally your school who decide based on how well you've done in mock exams. Put the work in and you should be fine.
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
school'll normally decide these type of things so ensure you work hard for assessments if you want to be placed at higher.
yosi2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i came from Bulgaria and started later on 24th september2018. i was in set 1, however i have been moved in set2 cause i missed so many things and i failed in the end of term assessment. now we are choosing options and i want to be set for higher maths gcse. im good at maths. can you give me an advice what i should do??
(Original post by Compost)
It is normally your school who decide based on how well you've done in mock exams. Put the work in and you should be fine.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yosi2005)
i came from Bulgaria and started later on 24th september2018. i was in set 1, however i have been moved in set2 cause i missed so many things and i failed in the end of term assessment. now we are choosing options and i want to be set for higher maths gcse. im good at maths. can you give me an advice what i should do??
Ask your teachers for a list of the topics where you are behind
Then use a web site like mathsgenie.co.uk to help you learn and practice what you have missed and ask your teachers if they have any other resources or suggestions. It's important to try lots of exam style questions so you get used to the language of problems used in maths exams.
Work hard, fill in the gaps and do well in your end of year exams to show your true potential.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gdunne42; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?