I cannot find Historians for A level History Coursework?

Watch this thread
millie248
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone suggest Historians that have written about the reasons for American Victory/British Loss in the War of Independence?Specifically reason such as:-The Leadership of washington-the leadership of the british (in us and uk politically and militarily)-GEOGRAPHY(terrain of us distance from uk) !!!!- i can't find any!!!-British Navy-Entrance of french/spanish-loyalism
historyboff
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Christopher Hibbert, Redcoats and Rebels - argues that the British wasted vital opportunityJame B Perkins, argues that the French were invaluable to American victoryJoseph Ellis, argues it was George Washington's leadership that led to American victory.
millie248
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
thank you so much I will have a look
historyboff
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You are very welcome, I think you'll find Hibbert's argument the most convincing because if the British had actually taken the threat seriously neither the French nor Washington could have been enough to ensure American victory. Good luck.
(Original post by millie248)
thank you so much I will have a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (19)
27.54%
As I expected (22)
31.88%
Harder (25)
36.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.35%

Watched Threads