University of Nottingham accommodation Watch

sarah.rx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UoN for accommodation? What preferences have you put down? I put a single study plus at West Zone and Sports Zone respectively (as en-suites have all gone), followed by single studies in the same zones.
Last edited by sarah.rx; 4 weeks ago
IEdwards123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've also put down single study at West Zone and shared study at North Zone.
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
Ooh nice, what do you want to study? I’m hopefully going into Physics
IEdwards123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sarah.rx)
Ooh nice, what do you want to study? I’m hopefully going into Physics
Physics as well. Weird coincidence.
AlmostLove
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have recently changed my firm to Nottingham, so I'm a little late choosing accommodation. I ended up choosing a Single Study Plus for Central Zone and West Zone then a Single Study for North Zone. I wanted an en-suite as well, or at least a shared bathroom, but there were none left. Do you think we'll be able to change to en-suite on results day if people don't get their place?
unicornlover1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AlmostLove)
I have recently changed my firm to Nottingham, so I'm a little late choosing accommodation. I ended up choosing a Single Study Plus for Central Zone and West Zone then a Single Study for North Zone. I wanted an en-suite as well, or at least a shared bathroom, but there were none left. Do you think we'll be able to change to en-suite on results day if people don't get their place?
tbh I think you will be able to change. I applied earlier and got the en-suite but if I don’t get the grades then someone else would get the room. I wouldn’t worry too much. You could try calling them to see if there are any changes?

I’ll be studying architecture hopefully
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AlmostLove
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by unicornlover1)
tbh I think you will be able to change. I applied earlier and got the en-suite but if I don’t get the grades then someone else would get the room. I wouldn’t worry too much. You could try calling them to see if there are any changes?

I’ll be studying architecture hopefully
Ah okay. I haven't got my room offer back yet but I'll be studying American and Latin American Studies.
unicornlover1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah okay. I haven't got my room offer back yet but I'll be studying American and Latin American Studies.
ahh cool
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
Anyone heard back yet? I got placed in Beeston, but they don’t have their own JCR (share with Nightingale) or dining hall (share with Rutland), so I don’t know how I feel about that 😬 It’s one of the new halls
AlmostLove
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone heard back yet? I got placed in Beeston, but they don’t have their own JCR (share with Nightingale) or dining hall (share with Rutland), so I don’t know how I feel about that 😬 It’s one of the new halls
I got a Single Study Plus in Derby. I either wanted Hugh Stewart or Derby so I'm happy with that.
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
I got a Single Study Plus in Derby. I either wanted Hugh Stewart or Derby so I'm happy with that.
They’re really nice halls! I’ve requested a change of hall, who knows maybe I’ll end up there! I’ve applied for single study plus rooms too
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
Have you accepted your offer on the portal? If so, what does it say on there? As in does it state your room is in Derby Hall? My offer is valid until 24th April and I’m worried I won’t get a reply to my change of hall request email until after this date due to Bank Holiday Weekend and am wondering if I should still accept the offer even though I don’t want to stay in the hall I’ve been given
AlmostLove
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you accepted your offer on the portal? If so, what does it say on there? As in does it state your room is in Derby Hall? My offer is valid until 24th April and I’m worried I won’t get a reply to my change of hall request email until after this date due to Bank Holiday Weekend and am wondering if I should still accept the offer even though I don’t want to stay in the hall I’ve been given
Yes, I have. In the 'Your Offer' section there's a link to review the accepted offer which is a page with the fee payment section, the block (so yes, mine says Derby Hall) and the room type, plus whether it's catered. I'm not sure how the changing halls part works but I probably would have changed as well if I got Beeston. What did you write in your email?
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
Ah okay, thanks I’ll wait until the 24th and then hopefully I’ll have gotten a reply by then. I noticed on one of the accommodation FAQ pages on the Nottingham website, it said you were able to request a change of hall if you weren’t happy with what you were offered and so I stated I wanted a 39 week single study plus room in a catered hall in University Park (you don’t have a choice about zone but I’m not that fussed) and they’ll place you in any hall apart from the one you were originally given. Just hoping I get a reply before then! If not, hopefully they can update their system if I accept it on the deadline and they place me elsewhere!
TheProctor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Secured Ensuite Studio at Broadgate Park. Was the same price as an just the ensuite!

Studying Physics too
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheProctor)
Secured Ensuite Studio at Broadgate Park. Was the same price as an just the ensuite!

Studying Physics too
Ah nice! I got catered due to the ease and as it saves time and effort, but if I were able to cook I’d have gone for self-catered, you can eat when you want and whatever you feel like it!

Nice to know someone else on the course
SkoomaBottle
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Studying Physics too
It's weird to me that they're the same price as each other yet the en-suite got filled up before the studio. I actually wanted to get an en-suite since it's said to be more social. Do you think the studio is going to be less social?
TheProctor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SkoomaBottle)
It's weird to me that they're the same price as each other yet the en-suite got filled up before the studio. I actually wanted to get an en-suite since it's said to be more social. Do you think the studio is going to be less social?
I mean when you have your own kitchen I guess you won't be with your friends in a shared kitchen whenever you're cooking but there's plenty of other times to socialize. Also I'm on a pretty strict diet so studio is the best option for me. When I went to a Bristol applicant day and looked at the accommodation, the shared kitchen was all trashed with like 30 vodka bottles on the windowsill. Obviously that's not what every shared kitchen everywhere is like but it put me off the idea lol
SkoomaBottle
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean when you have your own kitchen I guess you won't be with your friends in a shared kitchen whenever you're cooking but there's plenty of other times to socialize. Also I'm on a pretty strict diet so studio is the best option for me. When I went to a Bristol applicant day and looked at the accommodation, the shared kitchen was all trashed with like 30 vodka bottles on the windowsill. Obviously that's not what every shared kitchen everywhere is like but it put me off the idea lol
I agree! I hope we get allocated the newer buildings (2006) as opposed to the older ones (1960s).
sarah.rx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Just got my new offer for accommodation in Willoughby Hall and accepted! They are one of the halls with their own cafe bar Anyone staying there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (205)
22.14%
The paper was reasonable (393)
42.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.22%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.2%

Watched Threads