The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by livjones8120
that is TOO MUCH

as an A/A* student (what i got in my gcses) i'd recommend about 6 hours, maybe less or more depending on your natural intelligence but definitely no more than 8 as you'll wear yourself out (think about how many hours of lessons and homework you do, they only give you that many for a reason, any more and it would be unhealthy). instead, the best thing you can do is put aside some you-time, to make sure your mental health is in check because honestly that matters equally in how well you do.

How do you get 6 hours done after school? When did you sleep or relax
ofc that's not enough! To get at least all 7s, you have to study for AT LEAST 20 hours a day.

Spoiler

Original post by Chemist123
Nope
I did 10 hours yesterday of revision but I want to do 15 hours

24 hours in a day
I want to sleep for 6 hours
School = 9 hours

24-(6+9)= 15

It is possible

24-(6+9) = 9
Reply 43
Woah you need to chill out and learn to have a break . It is what it is , don’t panic .
Reply 44
6 hours isnt even enough sleep, studies have shown that sleep is one of the most important tools in learning information. you should be aiming for 8-9 hours really at your age

also if youre working at like 11 o clock at night, youre not going to learn anything. you absolutely will not remember any of what you studied when youre that tired.
Erm...
I don't know if you are actually serious?
Because if you were doing 15 hours a day, although it is possible, it means that if you worked from 6am to 9pm straight (without eating, breaks, being on the student room etc) you would only have time to sleep...

If you took breaks, you would literally have 6 hours sleep (I have not read the whole forum so I do not know what you do) and that is not enough.

If you are being serious, chill.
Instead of doing well, you will fail, because you will be too tired and will not learn anything. Sorry to be blunt, and good luck.
no not really its not enough , if you get 4 hour sleep instead of 8 you could do a couple more hours this means you have more time to take in information , then do alternating days so one day 16 hours next day 18 next day 17 next day 16 etc...

Latest