The Student Room Group

sainsburys probation period

hello im on a 12 week probation period at sainsburys distribution centre and ive had 2 sick days off and ive rang in both times to let them know.
i meet all the rates and am never called in the office as im getting along fine with the job but
im coming up to the end of probation im worried will i be let go for having 2 days of sickness?
Reply 1
Difficult to know, absence is probably something considered, but if your work is satisfactory then this may not be a deciding factor at all. Do you know how formal the end of probation period review is? Sometimes these deadlines just pass by unless there is something of particular note.
Reply 2
im not sure but i know people are still here who have had more days off or have just not turned up for any-reason. its a new place and and they dont have many permeant staff yet so i think they are not as strick as they could be in the future.
Original post by Zarek
Difficult to know, absence is probably something considered, but if your work is satisfactory then this may not be a deciding factor at all. Do you know how formal the end of probation period review is? Sometimes these deadlines just pass by unless there is something of particular note.
Reply 3
Should be fine then :smile:
Original post by smithy9818
im not sure but i know people are still here who have had more days off or have just not turned up for any-reason. its a new place and and they dont have many permeant staff yet so i think they are not as strick as they could be in the future.
I think you will be fine, as long as your good at the job it really isn't worth going through the employment cycle again in terms of retraining and finding someone and buying their uniform, setting up their HR account and getting references. etc etc. (I used to work at Sainsburys' when I was younger you're fine it's not worth it for the employer to sack you for two sick days.)
Reply 5
yeah i was thinking that. dont plan on taking another day off sick for the rest of year hopefully longer haha have two weeks left of probation just annyoing that when i have been ill its been on probation.
Original post by Themysticalegg
I think you will be fine, as long as your good at the job it really isn't worth going through the employment cycle again in terms of retraining and finding someone and buying their uniform, setting up their HR account and getting references. etc etc. (I used to work at Sainsburys' when I was younger you're fine it's not worth it for the employer to sack you for two sick days.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending