The Student Room Group

Really hurt

Hey guys ,
I just came on here to have a little chat because recently I’ve been feeling really down and have been doubting myself and my personality. I’m a fun, loving and bubbly 17 year old and I have just experienced my first encounter with ghosting the boy I really liked, and he told me numerous occasions how he liked me to has now gone ghost and has cut all communication ties with me for no reason at all! I had messaged him and he replied very bluntly and tbh it’s been driving me insane and making me doubt elements of myself. Was I boring? Not pretty enough?? I promised myself that I won’t message him again because I know when I’m not wanted and I will never force anyone to talk to me, but I just feel really down about the situation.

Hoping you guys could offer any kind words or advice. Thank you all 💕
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys ,
I just came on here to have a little chat because recently I’ve been feeling really down and have been doubting myself and my personality. I’m a fun, loving and bubbly 17 year old and I have just experienced my first encounter with ghosting the boy I really liked, and he told me numerous occasions how he liked me to has now gone ghost and has cut all communication ties with me for no reason at all! I had messaged him and he replied very bluntly and tbh it’s been driving me insane and making me doubt elements of myself. Was I boring? Not pretty enough?? I promised myself that I won’t message him again because I know when I’m not wanted and I will never force anyone to talk to me, but I just feel really down about the situation.

It has happened to my daughter - she is beautiful and bubbly too (only a little biased) and to lots of her friends who use dating apps. It's not you, it's not personal, it's just some people are a bit mental and like to play games and don't realise (or care maybe) that they are really hurting someone's feelings and making them question everything. Try not to obsess about what you did wrong because he is the problem - if he was genuine he would explain properly not ghost you. Half the time these boys are talking to lots of girls at the same time or even already have girlfriends :frown:
Reply 2
In my experience, dating is truly best and worst moments and full of unpleasant surprises, coming in a variety of unexpected guises too. To such an extent you should try not to take them personally, pick up the pieces and live to fight another day. Call upon your friends at these time. It does mean that when a decent relationship comes along and trust is won it is powerful.
Hey guys ,

My love, I cannot speak for what he is saying or what he is feeling. But I can speak about what you should do. If he ghosted you, he is not worth your time.
But learn a lesson from this: Sometimes you are just not the right person for someone. Sometimes someone is not the right person for you.

Dating is a 2 way thing and it only works if 2 people are on the same page. You guys obviously weren't.

This doesn't mean you're not good enough, it doesn't mean youre boring. It just means it did not work out.

So look at yourself, youre beautiful and kind. Find someone who would appreciate that!
Try not to think too much about why it could be. Some people are just nasty and inconsiderate of other people's feelings. The fact he has treated you like this tells me you've had a lucky escape, to be honest. You're better off and deserve more, and at least you've found out what he's like sooner rather than later.
These are my two cents:

If someone is treating you as an option(in this case he is) DO NOT make them a priority in your life. As a 21 year old female it really brakes my heart to see young girls waste their time and energy on boys/guys who just do not care about them the same way. Girls are more mature than boys anyway. If he is showing a lack of interest in you then move on. Tryst me, i was 17 once. When he sees that you have moved on he would either chase you because he likes you as a person(likes you for you) or he will just leave things as they are. One day the right person will come along who will value you for you and treat you how you are supposed to be treated. Value yourself by moving on. There are better things to focus on right now than time wasting on someone who cares less about you. This is my general advice you.

Hey guys ,

Original post by Blackstarr
These are my two cents:

If someone is treating you as an option(in this case he is) DO NOT make them a priority in your life. As a 21 year old female it really brakes my heart to see young girls waste their time and energy on boys/guys who just do not care about them the same way. Girls are more mature than boys anyway. If he is showing a lack of interest in you then move on. Tryst me, i was 17 once. When he sees that you have moved on he would either chase you because he likes you as a person(likes you for you) or he will just leave things as they are. One day the right person will come along who will value you for you and treat you how you are supposed to be treated. Value yourself by moving on. There are better things to focus on right now than time wasting on someone who cares less about you. This is my general advice you.

I would rep this if I could - spot on
M

Hey guys ,

My advice? Don't bother with him, he's not worth a second of your time, you are so much better than him. You can't win them all, this siituation does not reflect your personaility in a bad light, it reflects his personaility in a bad light. You're a good person, don't worry about him.
cant tell ya why he did it

just know everyone goes through this. kim kardashian is a superstar (unfortunately) and even she was so bad relationships that she had to settle with kanye west, particularly after he lost his mind.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
cant tell ya why he did it

just know everyone goes through this. kim kardashian is a superstar (unfortunately) and even she was so bad relationships that she had to settle with kanye west, particularly after he lost his mind.

"Kim doesn't understand what a blessing I am to her" :biggrin:
Unfortunately, ghosting is becoming all too common. It's incredibly painful and selfish, though I think you should always reassure yourself that you do not - and cannot - know what is going on in someone else's head. By this, I mean that you should never ponder if you aren't good enough in terms of looks or personality or whatever.

Do you really deserve to drag yourself down in the mud just because some guy has been so horrifically rude to you, who obviously has a very dirty personality by being so inconsiderate? No. Be kinder to yourself. Pick yourself back up and find a nicer guy to worry about. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending