The Student Room Group

Year 11 leave

Im planning on going holiday after my GCSE's. My final exam date is on the 14th June 2019. So am i allowed to leave after that date or is there a certain date i have to stay upto. On the GOV.uk website it says you have to remain until the last friday of June but is there a way to bypass that. Some of you may have done it so could you please tell me how, or do i have to email my teacher?
There's like the 26th of June - but there is a small chance that you will need it
It's the contingency day, but if all of your exams go to plan there's no need for you to wait it out until the contingency day's passed, so you're good to go on holiday!

Have fun!
Reply 3
Original post by singh11838
Im planning on going holiday after my GCSE's. My final exam date is on the 14th June 2019. So am i allowed to leave after that date or is there a certain date i have to stay upto. On the GOV.uk website it says you have to remain until the last friday of June but is there a way to bypass that. Some of you may have done it so could you please tell me how, or do i have to email my teacher?

Like RazzBerries said, there's contingency days set if something happens and the exam must be postponed but generally speaking, you should be able to leave school once your exams are over. Hope this answers your question. :smile:
I'm pretty sure I didn't come back to my school after the final exam and was fine :s
As far as I remember, I sat my last exam then left. And didn't return until GCSE Results Day in August. This was about three years ago. The only time you'd be required to attend after your last exam is if something goes wrong with the timetable etc and they're forced to reschedule the exam, or if the school want you there for whatever reason. I definitely left in early June so as far as I can remember, as long as you complete your GCSEs you can go and have fun on holiday!
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Like RazzBerries said, there's contingency days set if something happens and the exam must be postponed but generally speaking, you should be able to leave school once your exams are over. Hope this answers your question. :smile:

PRSOM :biggrin:
Just remembered! It's definitely allowed. To stay until the last Friday isn't mandatory, especially so because most schools allow students exam leave. If you've been given this leave time then yes you can assume that you leave the same day as your last exam, you can still leave if you don't get exam leave but just thought I'd add this in. It's certainly not required to stay until the end of June if it isn't needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending