MSAP-UK test Watch

CodieH22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have a conditional offer for Adult Nursing in September. I have to take the MSAP test as I only got a grade D in GCSE Maths. Im getting really anxious and stressed over these test. What do people think about them that have taken them? It also says I have to do a English Written test even though I have a grade B in GCSE. Is this right? Can anyone give me help and advice, thanks!
Codie
Jayreecar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I also have to do the MSAP as I don’t have any a level only my GCSE’s. I’ve looked at the practice papers online and it looks pretty tricky? I’m feeling really anxious myself. Other than practicing what’s online I don’t think there is any other way to prepare, you either know it or you don’t.. which isn’t really very reassuring. Also, I ready that the practice papers you can purchase aren’t that great, so I think it’s personal preference as to whether you look into that or not. Sorry I can’t be any more help.. I think we need to just keep our fingers crossed..Hopefully more people will join this thread and we can support each other through.
CodieH22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thanks for replying!
I also read that the actual exam is a lot more difficult than the practise test you can purchase online (which I did and that is difficult)
So i suppose your right we can only hope for the best.. Good luck! X
(Original post by Jayreecar)
Hi, I also have to do the MSAP as I don’t have any a level only my GCSE’s. I’ve looked at the practice papers online and it looks pretty tricky? I’m feeling really anxious myself. Other than practicing what’s online I don’t think there is any other way to prepare, you either know it or you don’t.. which isn’t really very reassuring. Also, I ready that the practice papers you can purchase aren’t that great, so I think it’s personal preference as to whether you look into that or not. Sorry I can’t be any more help.. I think we need to just keep our fingers crossed..Hopefully more people will join this thread and we can support each other through.
zemlou
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you find the exam? I thought module 3 was pretty impossible and I don't think I'll have passed
Jayreecar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I agree module 3 was very challenging.. I will be very surprised if I have passed.. do you know when the results are due?
zemlou
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I spoke to the uni and they told me they're expected on or around 12th July
Jayreecar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had the waiting it’s so nerve wracking! What WILL you be studying? (Let’s remain optimistic) haha. 🙂
Last edited by Jayreecar; 1 month ago
zemlou
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I live in hope after reading posts from people who were sure they had failed but didn't. I WILL be studying adult nursing Bsc 😋 Joe about you?
Jayreecar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will be doing social work!! Be sure to let me know how you get on!
zemlou
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes and you!
Jayreecar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck!
(Original post by zemlou)
Yes and you!
Curious bailey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also sat the Msap test and I really think it’s game over for me 😩
Jayreecar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was soo tricky!! I’m trying to remain optimistic.. have my fingers crossed. For us all.. what WILL you be studying?
(Original post by Curious bailey)
I also sat the Msap test and I really think it’s game over for me 😩
zemlou
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Staying optimistic too! The 'maths' really was awful but I live in hope after reading previous threads about people the same as us who were sure they had failed but didn't. I may be wrong but that's the way I'm thinking
Jayreecar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, it was like nothing I had ever come across before! Horrendous.. I’m hoping we don’t have to wait until mid July for the results it seems like a life time away.. maybe this thread can get us all through the wait!
StevieN26
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This was so difficult!! I am sure I have also failed I guessed every answer it was a mind field. Good luck everyone
Blord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I’ve got to sit the MSAP test I’ve got a conditional offer for social work can anyone tell me what the test was like I’ve looked at the practice paper I feel like giving up already thanks guys
zemlou
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From my experience, I don't think you can really prepare for the 'maths' module. I prepared for the written elements by practicing timed essays. Good luck!
Blord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you
zemlou
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't know about you guys but the wait is killing me.....need to know already!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads