The Student Room Group

Going red even when your not embarrassed

Right so I have this thing that has got to me so much recently. I could be speaking to someone or multiple people and I go red. Nothings embarrassing or awkward, it’s not to do with speaking to a crush or anything like that I could generally be speaking to anyone. A teacher came over to me and started a convocation the other day about how I thought I did in a test and I went bright red and hot when replying back. I just don’t get it, it’s something that’s just started to happen recently and wondered if anyone has any advice to make this not happen?
It is so embarrassing Especially in a class when I go red for no reason and want it to stop so bad!
Thanks x
(edited 5 years ago)
similar to anxiety. what u gotta do is do whatever that makes u anxious/turn red, react assertively, express urself, be confident body language when u feel anxious/go red. prove to ur brain ur not in danger as what is going on is that ur brain is producing these stress chemicals to literally run away or fight. by staying strong next time wont be producing so much adrenaline for u to literally run away or fight. be totally fine with being anxious dont run away or hate it or avoid things. resiting just persists. all that happens is an anxious situation even more adrenaline is produce which makes it worse
(edited 5 years ago)
no way I actually get this as well, I thought i was just a bit weird and get embarrassed very easily. Like I just want to answer a question in class normally, but then I get flushed and hot.
Reply 3
Yes literally what happens to me! It’s so annoying 😂
I used to get this all the time so I know how much it sucks :frown: For me, I struggled with it because I was lacking a lot of confidence. After a while, it manifested as anxiety and I got anxious in a lot of social situations, mostly those that involved me being the centre of attention. I still get this red feeling now, but nowhere near as much as I used to, so there is definitely hope that you can improve it. All I can suggest is working on improving your confidence and learning that your voice is worthy (because it totally is). If you want to talk about anything further, feel free to message me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest