Advanced learner loan Watch

Dolly_birds85
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I’m looking to study an integrative counselling BSc course and have previously had a student loan from 2003-2006 that is now fully paid off.
Would I still be eligible for the advanced learner loan if I’ve had a previous loan? The course starts at FHEQ level 4 ending at level 6. Trying to research all potential options. Thanks in advance

Jade
Last edited by Dolly_birds85; 4 weeks ago
PQ
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dolly_birds85)
Hi,
I’m looking to study an integrative counselling BSc course and have previously had a student loan from 2003-2006 that is now fully paid off.
Would I still be eligible for the advanced learner loan if I’ve had a previous loan? The course starts at FHEQ level 4 ending at level 6. Trying to research all potential options. Thanks in advance

Jade
Generally BSc courses are classed as HE and so not eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan. There are some exceptions though - the best way to find out is to ask the course provider - they will know what sorts of funding is available (and if the ALL isn't an option they might be aware of a different source of funding).
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Jade
Hi Jade,

What is the name of the course, course code and university?

Regards,
Nihad
Dolly_birds85
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi Nihad,
The course is BSc Integrative Counselling run by Matrix college but accredited by Middlesex university.

Jade
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi Jade,

What is the name of the course, course code and university?

Regards,
Nihad
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Nihad,
The course is BSc Integrative Counselling run by Matrix college but accredited by Middlesex university.

Jade
Hi Dolly,

A bachelor's degree attracts undergraduate funding. Neither Matrix College nor Middlesex University have confirmed this course for the 19/20 academic year. Matrix College did have this course listed for the 18/19 academic year as an undergraduate course. Please speak to your institution about this as they will need to update the database to allow you to apply. Further Education study does not affect your eligibility for Higher Education study.

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?