Dogg66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any one else had this after submitting an online application

Thank you for submitting your driving licence application online.

Your payment has been accepted but in order for DVLA to complete your application, it requires you to do one more thing.

You must send some information to DVLA.

You will receive an application completion form in the post - please allow 1 week for delivery. Please complete this form and return it to DVLA so that your driving licence application can be submitted for validation checks.

Your driving licence is an official document and all applications are subject to DVLA's identity checking system.

Once DVLA has received your form it will be able to carry out the necessary checks and deal with your application as soon as possible.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A couple of my friends got that message.
I think it is automatic where you are a UK citizen who won't authorize direct passport checks, have a medical condition or there has been a change of surname since passport/birth certificate were issued.
Dogg66
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
A couple of my friends got that message.
I think it is automatic where you are a UK citizen who won't authorize direct passport checks, have a medical condition or there has been a change of surname since passport/birth certificate were issued.
Yes well considering I don’t have any medical conditions I didn’t tick any the boxes , But surely the DVLA can find out who you are With you bank account with direct debits etc and your National insurance number this must flag up a name on some system , As for the Birth certificate my mothers maiden name is on mine and all my official ID has my fathers quite confusing I’m hoping they just send the form out to attach a photo?
commentsection
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just applied for mine today and received the same exact email as well. Wonder what application form they may need and how much it will cost to send to them. Did research and DVLA is located in Wales..
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by commentsection)
Just applied for mine today and received the same exact email as well. Wonder what application form they may need and how much it will cost to send to them. Did research and DVLA is located in Wales..
It's because you need to send a photo.

They send you a precompleted form to attach a photo to, then you return it with the envelope they provide.
commentsection
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
It's because you need to send a photo.

They send you a precompleted form to attach a photo to, then you return it with the envelope they provide.
Oh really thanks. Would I need to go to the post office or somewhere to print my photo so it has that specific card texture to it?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh really thanks. Would I need to go to the post office or somewhere to print my photo so it has that specific card texture to it?
Just needs to meet these requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Typically the machines in supermarkets do a good job.
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for mine about 2 years ago, but because I didnt have a valid passport I had to fill one of these out so that they had an up to date photo of me. Once you fill in the form and return it, your provisional should arrive relatively quickly .
Xoxkacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lia_r18)
I applied for mine about 2 years ago, but because I didnt have a valid passport I had to fill one of these out so that they had an up to date photo of me. Once you fill in the form and return it, your provisional should arrive relatively quickly .
What form did you fill out? I’m hoping to apply within the week but my passport is also out of date so I’m not sure what to do
lia_r18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xoxkacey)
What form did you fill out? I’m hoping to apply within the week but my passport is also out of date so I’m not sure what to do
Apply online with all of the details you can provide and then they will send you out a form where you basically need to attach a recent passport-style photo of you self and a signature. I believe you need to get the photo signed by someone like a teacher to confirm it is you, if your passport is not valid 🙂.
commentsection
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lia_r18)
Apply online with all of the details you can provide and then they will send you out a form where you basically need to attach a recent passport-style photo of you self and a signature. I believe you need to get the photo signed by someone like a teacher to confirm it is you, if your passport is not valid 🙂.
How many picture(s) do you attach to the form?
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for mine without a passport, and I got the letter, If I had used my passport to apply would they use that picture? Because I might wait 21 days so that they refund me and I do the process again and this time I will use my passport because I do not want to have to go pay and get a photo done
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dontevenknow2)
I applied for mine without a passport, and I got the letter, If I had used my passport to apply would they use that picture? Because I might wait 21 days so that they refund me and I do the process again and this time I will use my passport because I do not want to have to go pay and get a photo done
Wow... all that hassle over a couple of pounds..
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One.
lia_r18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just 1 - there's a place for you to stick it onto the form.
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow... all that hassle over a couple of pounds..
No its not that its because I live far from any photo printing shop
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No its not that its because I live far from any photo printing shop
You don't have a supermarket anywhere near you? 🤔
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't have a supermarket anywhere near you? 🤔
No no I do, but the one's near me doesn't have a photo printing booth.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No no I do, but the one's near me doesn't have a photo printing booth.
You could always print it yourself?
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know the sizing? and can it just be a paper photo

You could always print it yourself?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (595)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads