The Student Room Group

Help

I require your knowledge about a serious matter. I have applied to university for the year 2019 and have received offers aswell as being approved by sfe for maintenance loan, but no tuition loan for the year 2019-2020. It would be near impossible for me to accumulate that much money intime to accept any offers from the universities I have applied to. I believe it is because I failed 2 years in a row (foundation) and how the sfe calculater works 5 years( my course) + 1 year - 2 years (that I failed) = 4 out of 5. First does this mean if I could somehow provide the the tuition fee for the first year would sfe pay the future years. And secondly will a cpr work for me. I had serious family crisis, my brother went to jail (I have evidence) my mother was already suffering from depression and anxiety( I ave evidence) before that so it became worse after. I live with mum and sister and my big brother, but since heā€™s been in jail I have found myself taking more responsibilities around home. I did not visit a doctor regarding these issues as I didnā€™t want to seem weak. But I have family members that are highly respected in serious professions for example doctor, that know my situation and itā€™s conditions, could they possibly provide a letter as evidence. And do you believe I have grounds for a cpr.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi

Based on what you have said regarding your previous study calculation, yes, for any years entitlement that you have remaining for example, your 4 remaining years you would receive full funding.

With regards to your claim for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) there are many different reasons as to why a student may have had their study affected;

ā€¢

Illness

ā€¢

Bereavement

ā€¢

Family crisis

ā€¢

Pregnancy

ā€¢

Unavoidable caring responsibility

ā€¢

Failing to complete a course studied abroad

To apply for CPR, you should send a signed and dated letter detailing the reasons for your mitigating circumstances along with any supporting evidence.

Where applicable, we recommend the evidence;

ā€¢

Is signed and dated

ā€¢

Confirms the reason why you could not continue with their studies and

ā€¢

When this took place

ā€¢

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include;

ā€¢

Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper

ā€¢

Letter from HEP on headed paper

ā€¢

Letter from Social Services on headed paper

ā€¢

Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper

ā€¢

Death Certificate and/or

ā€¢

A Birth Certificate

The above list is not exhaustive and any evidence that can support your claim should be sent to us for consideration.

If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks
Gerard
Original post by Men in the shed
I require your knowledge about a serious matter. I have applied to university for the year 2019 and have received offers aswell as being approved by sfe for maintenance loan, but no tuition loan for the year 2019-2020. It would be near impossible for me to accumulate that much money intime to accept any offers from the universities I have applied to. I believe it is because I failed 2 years in a row (foundation) and how the sfe calculater works 5 years( my course) + 1 year - 2 years (that I failed) = 4 out of 5. First does this mean if I could somehow provide the the tuition fee for the first year would sfe pay the future years. And secondly will a cpr work for me. I had serious family crisis, my brother went to jail (I have evidence) my mother was already suffering from depression and anxiety( I ave evidence) before that so it became worse after. I live with mum and sister and my big brother, but since heā€™s been in jail I have found myself taking more responsibilities around home. I did not visit a doctor regarding these issues as I didnā€™t want to seem weak. But I have family members that are highly respected in serious professions for example doctor, that know my situation and itā€™s conditions, could they possibly provide a letter as evidence. And do you believe I have grounds for a cpr.
Would a brothers imprisonment and my mothers mental health issues be sufficient reasons for CPR
Would a brothers imprisonment and my mothers mental health issues be sufficient reasons for CPR

Hi there,

Do you have evidence to show that this in turn had affected you either physically or mentally? Or were you caring for your mother and you're able to show that you had care responsibilities?

Regards,
Nihad
I have no evidence or proof of being a career or in charge or my mother. I have papers proving my mothers condition from doctors, and that I was the only adult in the house besides my mother, I was taking care of my mother and I had pick up a lot of responsibilities including taking care of my 16 years old (at the time) sister.
My brother imprisonment meant I was the only adult other than my mother who was able to provide and take care of the family
I did not go to a doctor for myself therefore I cannot prove I did suffer depression and anxiety
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

Do you have evidence to show that this in turn had affected you either physically or mentally? Or were you caring for your mother and you're able to show that you had care responsibilities?

Regards,
Nihad
(edited 4 years ago)
I have no evidence or proof of being a career or in charge or my mother. I have papers proving my mothers condition from doctors, and that I was the only adult in the house besides my mother, I was taking care of my mother and I had pick up a lot of responsibilities including taking care of my 16 years old (at the time) sister.
My brother imprisonment meant I was the only adult other than my mother who was able to provide and take care of the family
I did not go to a doctor for myself therefore I cannot prove I did suffer depression and anxiety

Hi, unfortunately if we are unable to get evidence regarding the situation we wouldn't be able to move forward with this. I would advise to explore all possible options to see if there is anything you can send to us. Thanks, Aaron.

Quick Reply

Latest