Help!! Spanish Oral exam (9-1)

Watch this thread
gem1921
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I have my Spanish Oral exam in a few weeks (3rd May) and I struggle with languages and I really don’t know how to revise for it as there are so many questions.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

Studybuddy24/7
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
break it down that's what I did when I was going to do Spanish I know there's a lot to learn but have a target of x questions a day and learn them, then the next day recap those plus y more so you get in the habit of going over them whilst also learning the new ones, not sure if that's any help, but don't try to learn them all in one go or last minute
robertaap
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm in the same position as you, my GCSE Spanish Oral exam is on the 30th of April. I'm practicing questions on my chosen theme and revising vocab and tenses that I plan to use in answers. I have also gone through some role plays and photo cards (we got given a practice book of them), I use the 12 minutes I would have for planning just to see what I would be able to come up with had it been the actual exam.
ts2
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by robertaap)
I'm in the same position as you, my GCSE Spanish Oral exam is on the 30th of April. I'm practicing questions on my chosen theme and revising vocab and tenses that I plan to use in answers. I have also gone through some role plays and photo cards (we got given a practice book of them), I use the 12 minutes I would have for planning just to see what I would be able to come up with had it been the actual exam.
What board are you?
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ts2)
What board are you?
Aqa
ts2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Aqa
Is it similar to edexcel?
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ts2)
Is it similar to edexcel?
I’ve no idea what the edexcel syllabus is like. For aqa we have a photo card, role play, and general conversation (as a candidate I can pick a theme and I will be asked questions within that theme, this means I can revise within the theme however it is likely I will be asked questions from other themes)
Chipemunk
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Revise keywords that you could use for the exam for example have certain phrases and opinions that you can use and apply to many things and don’t revise everysingle word for the exam.
Have pre written answers to that you can revise from flash cards
Memrise is also a good online revision tool, it helps you to remember certain phrases
Also Less is more, try to keep your answers short and simple, the exam marker will have to listen to many other exams and most likely want you just to get straight to the point so they can award you the marks. Don’t try to over complicate your answers, just use the basic to answer the question.
If you do not understand the question have a try anyway and try to listen out for keywords that verify what kind of question it is, if it’s an opinion just say “Es genial” or “Es mal”

I hope this helped you in anyway, I probably stated the obvious but I hope it helps, good luck
ts2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
For edexcel it's the same, what's your presentation on?
ts2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good Luck!
ameera100
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
how was it?
what pics and roleplays did u get
gem1921
Rep:
Hope it went alright! mines friday
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm Aqa
(Original post by ts2)
What board are you?
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Presentation?
(Original post by ts2)
For edexcel it's the same, what's your presentation on?
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
A belated thank you! It actually went well considering Spanish is definitely my weakest subject.
(Original post by ts2)
Good Luck!
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It was alright, better than expected. I'm sorry but I can't discuss what I actually had in the exam, as the whole country sits it at different points.
(Original post by ameera100)
how was it?
what pics and roleplays did u get
robertaap
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It went pretty well thanks, I was only hoping for a pass in the speaking as it's my weakest. I kind of rely on the others to bring my grade up (which probably isn't a good idea). Good luck for Friday!
(Original post by gem1921)
Hope it went alright! mines friday
gem1921
Rep:
It went pretty well thanks, I was only hoping for a pass in the speaking as it's my weakest. I kind of rely on the others to bring my grade up (which probably isn't a good idea). Good luck for Friday!
Thank you and glad yours went well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads