The Student Room Group

Army Medical Appeal

Hi all when i was younger (13) i had two episodes of self - harm i was wondering if you gain a letter from the doctor stating that i am medically fit now can this help?? Please give advice I really want to be in the army! x im 16 now
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
An appeal is there to show that information in your medical records is incorrect or has something missing that would alter how your condition is viewed by the Armed Forces.

Just saying that you are medically fit now doesn't change that you have self-harmed in the past and it could be you've been rejected as it was more than one episode. What does it say in your rejection letter? That's what you need to be specifically writing an appeal about.

You'll see from other threads on here that the Armed Forces are very strict on mental health, so you can try an appeal, but understand that it may not be successful.
Hi i forgot to mention that the doctor is writing a letter stating i over exaggerated as a child because i wanted the attention as a child, etc, etc. Will that help?
Reply 3
Sorry, no-one on here is a medical expert; we can comment on the overall policy, not necessarily on individuals. It's up to the Army now.
i am having the same problem am waiting for gp to get in touch to work out what to do. can you update me on how this worked out for you?
Reply 5
Original post by willowfurnishing
i am having the same problem am waiting for gp to get in touch to work out what to do. can you update me on how this worked out for you?

You may not get a reply to a 5-month old thread. What do you need help with?

Quick Reply

Latest