The Student Room Group

Of mice and men character prediction (WJEC)

Scroll to see replies

well done!! I'm so nervous for heroes since there isn't any historical content and it focuses on technique which I'm bad at, what questions came up last year? (if you remember :cute:)
Original post by Ben_Evans_15
Yep year 11, last year I did two literature exams. Of mice and men and inspector calls+ heroes. I got an a in both but I wasn’t suppose to do both exams in one year so one exam of my choice didn’t count. Therefore I’m doing of mice and men again this year
Don’t be nervous for hero’s, it’s one of the easiest as there isn’t many characters to revise for. I can’t really remember sorry 😕
Are you year 10 or 11?
year 11, and you're right. it's only really Nicole, Francis and Larry for the characters
Are you year 10 or 11?
Ahh okay, yeah you will be fine. No context is needed which is a bonus really and the plot/characters are easy enough to understand. As long as you can give a quote and a reasonable explanation of your interpretation for the quote you will be fine. Just do what I did and learn 10 quotes and explanations per character, that can form an essay.
Looking at it, I really think candy’s gonna come up

I REALLY hope so
Original post by giella
God does anyone actually just spend time on getting to know the book well instead of on trying to predict what’s going to come up? Get revising, all of you.

That’s what I have been doing, but it helps when you have so many exams to do and are under so much stress.
I’m wondering the same. I’m expecting it to be Candy as my teacher doesn't think Slim will come up as he’s a difficult character to apply context to. Good luck with the exam next week!
Yeah we will have to wait and see aha, good luck 👍
When was the last time slim came up?
When was the last time slim came up?

I'm not sure what year it was but I know it was prior to January 2013 - I'm highly doubting that he'll come up again but who knows! Good luck tomorrow; I'm so nervous as it's my first GCSE exam, seeing as I'm in year 10.
Ahh right okay, who do u think will come up. Oh haha well good luck I have already done this exam before and got an a but my school forced me to resit. And because I have lots of exams in one short space of time, I haven’t done much revision haha. Proper winging it tomorrow
I think it will be Candy. Really hoping it's not George or Lennie as I've barely revised for them! I can't believe your school forced you to resit with an A - my school doesn't permit resits unless you get a C or below :eek:
Yeah I think it will be him as well, it better be haha. Yeah basically the school messed up and gave us both literature exams in year 10, so the WJEC said only one of the exams count and considering I had an a in both exams I chose to do of mice and men again as that’s the easiest one
Wjec could pull anything, but I should think it’s Candy. He’s very important to the story so I imagine it’s a possibility??
Yeah that’s true well my exam is at one and I have only revised for candy curly and crooks, particularly Lennie. So it’s down to luck now. Is your exam at one as well?
Yeah it is, and I have Inspector Calls and Heroes next week
Ahh okay good luck 👍
Thanks, you too
How did it go ?
The essay and the extract were both great - I was so pleased Candy came up, as we predicted! The poems on the other hand... 😫 I understood the meaning of them (I think) and I analysed their structures but I found them so difficult to compare. I’m aiming for an A* but really don’t think I will have got it based on my answer to the poetry 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending