Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I would like to be a clinical or forensic psychologist and I'm doing psychology at uni next year. to be a clinical psychologist a year of work experience is required alongside the doctorate in clinical psychology. I was wondering if a placement year at uni during the degree would count as the year of work experience?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would like to be a clinical or forensic psychologist and I'm doing psychology at uni next year. to be a clinical psychologist a year of work experience is required alongside the doctorate in clinical psychology. I was wondering if a placement year at uni during the degree would count as the year of work experience?
Moved to psychology university courses. In future, please only use the anon function for sensitive issues, such as ones relating to mental health or relationships.
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think what you mean is you need work experience to get onto a Clinical psychology course.

Some courses insist on at least 12 months of clinical or clinically relevant research experience, as an assistant psychologist or research assistant, supervised by someone with knowledge of psychological theories and models.
It is often difficult to find work alongside a qualified Clinical Psychologist until you have graduated.

Therefore your placement will most likely be experience not of the most desirable/competitive level so you may need to do more after you graduate.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The placement helps.

It isn't a solution. You won't get on the DClinPsy straight out of uni or even within twelve months. The small cohort in my uni are all in their late 20s or early 30s.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (96)
61.94%
No (59)
38.06%

Watched Threads