The Student Room Group

Postgrad Applications.

Hello everyone! I would be really grateful if anyone could help me make a decision regarding university to go to. I have received conditional offers from the following -
1. University of Leeds - MSc in Accounting and Finance
2. Loughborough University - MSc in Finance and Investment
3. Lancaster University - MSc in Accounting and Financial Management
4. University of Bristol - MSc in Management
5. University of Strathclyde - MSc in Investment and Finance.

I am completely lost, and would really appreciate if anyone could help me through this decision.

Thank you.
Original post by LakshCozi
Hello everyone! I would be really grateful if anyone could help me make a decision regarding university to go to. I have received conditional offers from the following -
1. University of Leeds - MSc in Accounting and Finance
2. Loughborough University - MSc in Finance and Investment
3. Lancaster University - MSc in Accounting and Financial Management
4. University of Bristol - MSc in Management
5. University of Strathclyde - MSc in Investment and Finance.

I am completely lost, and would really appreciate if anyone could help me through this decision.

Thank you.

What are you hoping to gain from your degree?
What do you currently see as the pros and cons of each (both course and location)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What are you hoping to gain from your degree?
What do you currently see as the pros and cons of each (both course and location)

I'm hoping to get into the Financial Advisory field in the long term.
And as far as pros and cons are concerned, I'm not bothered about the location, but the closer it is to London and Manchester, I'll be happy. And about the course, I'm leaning towards Loughborough, but I can't make a decision. Leeds has a better name altogether, but both Loughborough and Lancaster have been rising in the ranks. I'm spilt between these.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Original post by LakshCozi
I'm hoping to get into the Financial Advisory field in the long term.
And as far as pros and cons are concerned, I'm not bothered about the location, but the closer it is to London and Manchester, I'll be happy. And about the course, I'm leaning towards Loughborough, but I can't make a decision. Leeds has a better name altogether, but both Loughborough and Lancaster have been rising in the ranks. I'm spilt between these.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

I suggest that you go with your instincts and go to Loughborough.
Reply 4
But do you think it's a good idea honestly? Even though it's my gut feeling.
Original post by PQ
I suggest that you go with your instincts and go to Loughborough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending