LSE vs UCL economics Watch

otmwsday
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have received an offer for economics at both UCL and LSE but really struggling to decide which to firm. The UCL course has a year abroad which seems like a great experience but everyone's been telling me it would be foolish to reject LSE. Is there really such a large gap in terms of prestige and job prospects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
JD2468
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you know where you’d be going during your year abroad? That’s pretty important I think.
Ucl is more of an all-rounder while Lse is tailored to econ. I’d say Lse has the edge but they’re both amazing target unis, I highly doubt you’ll be disadvantaged going to ucl in terms of career prospects. Extra curricular etc is more important tbh
I say go to where you prefer, they’re both amazing
(Original post by otmwsday)
I have received an offer for economics at both UCL and LSE but really struggling to decide which to firm. The UCL course has a year abroad which seems like a great experience but everyone's been telling me it would be foolish to reject LSE. Is there really such a large gap in terms of prestige and job prospects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You will get the same interviews and the same respect. UCL is a bigger more social university, with a wider campus imprint and several uni bars. Both are in central London and going to one or the other won't give you an advantage or disadvantage. Its purely up to you, go to both campuses and then decide.
.ACS.
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by otmwsday)
If you prefer UCL because of the year abroad option and really want to embark on a year abroad programme, then choose UCL. Simples.
UniGuru25
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
LSE will have options to study abroad too. Get in touch with them to explore what they have. I reckon every uni in the UK has an option to do a year or semester abroad. LSE is an economics institution, UCL is comprehensive meaning they teach everything. Both have amazing career prospects, education is as good as you will find anywhere and they're both in central London. There's a rizzla between them, but for me if I wanted to study Economics at the best possible place, that's LSE.

PS - well done you! amazing to get offers with both!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.02%
The paper was reasonable (389)
42.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.17%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.21%

Watched Threads