Unable to focus and study for A Levels Watch

username2905396
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I'm in my final year my subjects are A Level Law, Business Studies and Sociology and I've lost the motivation to study! During Year 1, I took extensive class notes and made revision notes for all my subjects (I was studying 2/3 hours each day after school and 4/5 hours on weekends.. I'm from an Asian household), I was working really really hard to make my life for A2 easier so I just had the new content to learn. This year though, it feels like a waste of time because I'm literally going over the stuff I did in so much detail last year and so I feel demotivated and bored.. I'm not sure if this is a good position to be in because I'm bored because I know the content.. This makes me so stressed because I feel like I'm not studying when I should be and I get all anxious and worry that I'll fail.. The only enjoyment I have is writing essays and answering exam questions. Any suggestions, advice, help is appreciated.. I hope I'm not the only one in this situation!!
Adam McMillan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm in the same situation too, I made revision notes for last year and this year aswell. although, I feel I have no motivation to study at all, back in GCSE, I was feeling extremely stressed and used it as a motivator to study intensely all day. But now in a2, I just can't be bothered, I'm going to school in the Easter holidays every day to make myself revise although when I get home Idont do anything of significance. This may sound controversial but, I wish I had my stress back (in insight it was horrible) because in the hindsight it would've pushed me to revise. I'm looking at unit 4 business studies and thinking 'how am I going to manage my time in the exam and get the best possible grade?'. Unit 3 isn't so bad but unit 4 is a whole different story, when you write so much (I need to condense my essays).
Advice for this issue will be appreciated.
#MotivationalProblems
Jinwon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by g._.k16)
Hi, I'm in my final year my subjects are A Level Law, Business Studies and Sociology and I've lost the motivation to study! During Year 1, I took extensive class notes and made revision notes for all my subjects (I was studying 2/3 hours each day after school and 4/5 hours on weekends.. I'm from an Asian household), I was working really really hard to make my life for A2 easier so I just had the new content to learn. This year though, it feels like a waste of time because I'm literally going over the stuff I did in so much detail last year and so I feel demotivated and bored.. I'm not sure if this is a good position to be in because I'm bored because I know the content.. This makes me so stressed because I feel like I'm not studying when I should be and I get all anxious and worry that I'll fail.. The only enjoyment I have is writing essays and answering exam questions. Any suggestions, advice, help is appreciated.. I hope I'm not the only one in this situation!!
I think everyone feels the same way, I used to do so much work in year one to get the best predicted grades I could and once I got them I just couldn’t be bothered to do anything anymore. It’s okay, just try to keep grinding, there’s only like a month left now
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username2905396
Rep:
?
thank you! I am trying but I'm unable to focus for 2-3 hours straight, at most it's like 45 minutes and then I get soo bored..
(Original post by Jinwon)
I think everyone feels the same way, I used to do so much work in year one to get the best predicted grades I could and once I got them I just couldn’t be bothered to do anything anymore. It’s okay, just try to keep grinding, there’s only like a month left now
Jinwon
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
thank you! I am trying but I'm unable to focus for 2-3 hours straight, at most it's like 45 minutes and then I get soo bored..
Me too, I find it useful to go to the library with someone you know is motivated to study and is smart so can help you with stuff, but ofc the days I don’t meet up with them I struggle. Try getting rid of your distractions and also try to deceive yourself into thinking your subjects are fun. And also have the big picture in mind if you going to university or whatever it is you want to do
username2905396
Rep:
?
I'm the only one in my friends group doing A levels, people from sixth form just aren't interested in studying whatsoever so I can't do the same
(Original post by Jinwon)
Me too, I find it useful to go to the library with someone you know is motivated to study and is smart so can help you with stuff, but ofc the days I don’t meet up with them I struggle. Try getting rid of your distractions and also try to deceive yourself into thinking your subjects are fun. And also have the big picture in mind if you going to university or whatever it is you want to do
Jinwon
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm the only one in my friends group doing A levels, people from sixth form just aren't interested in studying whatsoever so I can't do the same
That’s peak lol, best thing you can do is just look at the big picture then probably 😂
Adam McMillan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by username2905396)
I'm in the same situation, I'm the only one in my friendship group in sixth form therefore I can't revise with anyone but myself. Final year of a levels too. Unit 4 business is a different story because it's all essays and my teacher decided to go through unit 3 instead of helping with unit 4 before the Easter holidays
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
same. I can only stay focused for a few seconds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads