The Student Room Group

ScotQuals Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

On the whole, I feel that the SQA have been quite good with the Nationals this year apart from maths and sciences, which makes me think that the current S3s are in for a nasty surprise with theirs. That's the pattern I've noticed with SQA exams anyway - one year is really hard, and the next is really easy.
Not exactly what I’m doing next year but I’m doing:

Higher English
Higher Computing science
Higher ESOL (hopefully)
Nat 5 maths
Nat 5 Biology
Nat 5 Spanish
Yep I am the odd one out aha.
Art & Design, Economics and Practical Electronics exams all take place today- good luck everyone!
Art & Design- Nat 5 Higher
Economics- Higher
What is ESOL
Original post by Kubsyy
Not exactly what I’m doing next year but I’m doing:

Higher English
Higher Computing science
Higher ESOL (hopefully)
Nat 5 maths
Nat 5 Biology
Nat 5 Spanish
Yep I am the odd one out aha.
Original post by Fhhdndjdj
What is ESOL

English for speakers of other languages. Basically for people whose English is not first language.
Last week of exams starts today with RMPS and Fashion & Textiles! Good luck everyone :smile:

Exam discussions for Nat 5 RMPS and Higher RMPS (feel free to make any of the other ones!) :smile:
Good luck to everyone doing geography exams today! :smile: Here's the discussion threads for Nat 5 and Higher :smile:
Hey guys, this is going to be an off-topic question since I dob’t want to make a needless thread about it. So I’ve been looking at the university courses to be sure what to choose when it comes to and to tell my career adviser. So what is the actual difference between Computing science Bsc (Hons) and Applied computing Bsc (hons)?, in Dundee uni they have same description so I can’t really tell.
(edited 4 years ago)
That's me done with my exams for this year! so happy they're over lol
Original post by pineapplepink
That's me done with my exams for this year! so happy they're over lol

:woo: Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by Kubsyy
Hey guys, this is going to be an off-topic question since I dob’t want to make a needless thread about it. So I’ve been looking at the university courses to be sure what to choose when it comes to and to tell my career adviser. So what is the actual difference between Computing science Bsc (Hons) and Applied computing Bsc (hons)?, in Dundee uni they have same description so I can’t really tell.

Have you tried contacting Dundee to see what they say? If that doesn't help, maybe consider which course is more likely to be offered by the universities that seem most appealing to you!
Lots of exams going on today, so good luck to everyone doing...Environmental science, psychology, Mandarin simplified, traditional Mandarin and Cantonese! :smile:

We only have an exam thread for Higher Psychology, but if you're doing any of the others, you can go ahead and make a new one :smile:
It's sociology and childcare & development for the penultimate day of exams tomorrow- good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 153
glad I survived higher english
my gosh it was hard and the bias which they expect is to analyse with doesnt make it any easier
Well done to everyone who finished up SQA exam season with the Care exams yesterday!

And well done to everyone who did SQA exams this year! :woo: I'm going to change the title and OP of this thread, so it's not exam season specific and you can all continue on chatting :smile:
Woohoo, Well done everyone!. Now this period (june-august) will be so stressful for me aha.
Original post by Labrador99
Well done to everyone who finished up SQA exam season with the Care exams yesterday!

And well done to everyone who did SQA exams this year! :woo: I'm going to change the title and OP of this thread, so it's not exam season specific and you can all continue on chatting :smile:
Right so this isn't exactly Scottish Qualification related but we've just returned back to school from study leave and I've just been back from shopping for ring binders. Last year I only had a binder for english and it fell to pieces as paper kept ripping and falling out meaning it was impossible to revise my notes. This year for my highers I am trying to be more organised. In S4, my english teacher told me to buy ring binder protectors?? So I looked that up during my trip to WHSmith and google had no clue what I was on about (I'm meaning things to go around the rings so they don't open by themselves or rip my paper).

So 1.) Do they exist???
2.) If so, where do I find them?

If they don't what's another way to keep my work safe and secure. I would get a polly pocket but that just defeats the purpose of a ringbinder
Original post by SchuylerSister22
Right so this isn't exactly Scottish Qualification related but we've just returned back to school from study leave and I've just been back from shopping for ring binders. Last year I only had a binder for english and it fell to pieces as paper kept ripping and falling out meaning it was impossible to revise my notes. This year for my highers I am trying to be more organised. In S4, my english teacher told me to buy ring binder protectors?? So I looked that up during my trip to WHSmith and google had no clue what I was on about (I'm meaning things to go around the rings so they don't open by themselves or rip my paper).

So 1.) Do they exist???
2.) If so, where do I find them?

If they don't what's another way to keep my work safe and secure. I would get a polly pocket but that just defeats the purpose of a ringbinder

They're definitely a thing...I think they're called hole reinforcers. I often buy them from Amazon or similar although I'm sure you can get them from stationery shops too :smile:
Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
They're definitely a thing...I think they're called hole reinforcers. I often buy them from Amazon or similar although I'm sure you can get them from stationery shops too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending