sowen's grow your grades Watch

sowen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello! I've seen many of these threads floating around, and I have decided to start one just under a month before my GCSE's start as a way to keep me motivated until the exams.

Subjects I am taking:
English Literature (AQA)
English Language (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Further Maths (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Drama (OCR)
Spanish (Edexcel)
History (AQA)
Music Technology (NCFE)

My predicted grades are:
English Literature - 9
English Language - 9
Maths - 9
Further Maths - A
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Drama - 8
Spanish - 8
History - 9
Music Technology - Distinction*

I want to study History, Politics and English Literature at college

Feeling somewhat confident at this moment in time, but really want to nail the level of revision I am doing. I'm currently doing about 7 hours a day in the school holidays and would love to have a place where I can check back on my revision and post my daily thoughts. Think of it as a sort of diary, I guess.

Things to do tonight:
- 2x Unseen poetry essays
- History Q's
- Critical article for An Inspector Calls
- Spanish pages in the workbook
Spoiler:
Show
Last edited by sowen; 1 month ago
studyingpeach
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow - your predicted grades are absolutely amazing!:eek: Please tag me - hopefully this will motivate me to work properly haha
sowen
Rep:
?
studyingpeach I will try my very best to remember how to tag... lol!

I've pretty much achieved my predicted grades apart from Spanish which was a 7 in the last mocks, so I'm really motivated to work hard. I'm sure we can do this together!
ThatJosh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very good predicted grades, wow. I took English Literature & Politics too, so if you have any questions about those don't hesitate to ask!
sowen
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatJosh)
Very good predicted grades, wow. I took English Literature & Politics too, so if you have any questions about those don't hesitate to ask!
Thank you! How was your experience with them at A-level? Also, is the workload for English Literature a lot? I'm prepared to put in the effort but want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into.
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sowen)
studyingpeach I will try my very best to remember how to tag... lol!

I've pretty much achieved my predicted grades apart from Spanish which was a 7 in the last mocks, so I'm really motivated to work hard. I'm sure we can do this together!
Ah your work ethic is really motivating - hopefully we can both do really well in our exams and help each other out!
sowen
Rep:
?
(Original post by studyingpeach)
Ah your work ethic is really motivating - hopefully we can both do really well in our exams and help each other out!
Of course! I want to be surrounded by people who want to do well, and figured this was the best place to start out.
sdr981
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, if you need any help with further maths feel free to message me, I am predicted/mock A^
Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by sdr981; 1 month ago
sowen
Rep:
?
(Original post by sdr981)
Hi, if you need any help with further maths feel free to message me, I am predicted/mock A^
Good luck!
Will do! I'm kind of leaving further maths for a bit since its right at the end of the exams, but will definitely need your help at some point, I can't find any way to learn the content because I find the questions quite difficult, if you know of any websites/youtubers that would help a lot!
sdr981
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maths comes very naturally to me and I taught myself all the content and didn't really use YouTube much but one thing I did find useful was some notes from "DrFrost". I'll get you the link in a sec
Last edited by sdr981; 1 month ago
sdr981
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1555528056830
AliciaMayx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow! I’m doing my GCSEs this year too and although I try so hard I’m pretty much failing everything. Wish I was in your position rn !
sdr981
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also if you are struggling with transformation matrices like I was, this was a life saver: http://bestmaths.net/online/index.ph...ansformations/
sowen
Rep:
?
(Original post by AliciaMayx)
Wow! I’m doing my GCSEs this year too and although I try so hard I’m pretty much failing everything. Wish I was in your position rn !
We can all push through this together! If you ever need any help/anyone to talk to I'll always make time. Hopefully, this thread can help you, there are also many other things around on TSR to assist with revising. Hope everything goes well for you
(Original post by sdr981)
Also if you are struggling with transformation matrices like I was, this was a life saver: http://bestmaths.net/online/index.ph...ansformations/
You're an absolute lifesaver, thank you so much! I'm not aiming to get a high grade in further maths as I'm not wishing to take it any further but it's always good to put the effort in.
sdr981
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sowen)
You're an absolute lifesaver, thank you so much! I'm not aiming to get a high grade in further maths as I'm not wishing to take it any further but it's always good to put the effort in.
Sure, that's understandable.
sowen
Rep:
?
Completed today:
- Unseen poetry essay on 'The Way Through the Woods'
- Unseen poetry essay on 'Ten Places Where I See My Mother'
- Critical Article on A Christmas Carol

Still need to do tonight:
- Spanish 3 pages in a revision book
- Learn my Spanish Speaking (Theme 5)
- Short answer to history questions

Curfew for my work today is going to be 11pm, no work after that or earlier if I finish earlier. Always good to get a good night's sleep so I can be ultra-productive tomorrow.
sowen
Rep:
?
Morning! Bit of a later start for me today but looking forward to getting some work done.

10:00 - 10:45 = Poetry Essay
10:45 - 11:00 = Break
11:00 - 11:45 = A Christmas Carol Essay
11:45 - 12:20 = Break and food
12:20 - 12:40 = Academic article
12:40 - 13:45 = B4 Questions
13:45 - 14:30 = Mathswatch (Cumulative Frequency, Histograms, Boxplots, Pie Charts) notes
14:30 - 15:15 = Shower and tidy room
15:15 - 16:00 = P2 on Seneca
16:00 - 16:45 = Learn Spanish Speaking answers (Theme 5 - Environment)
16:45 - 17:00 = Break
17:00 - 18:30 = Spanish tutor
18:30 - 19:30 = Time with the family
19:30 - 20:00 = History short answer questions
20:00 - 20:15 = Break
20:15 - 21:00 = Mind map on the Kaiser to recap knowledge
21:00 - 21:30 = Learn Spanish Speaking answers
21:30 - 22:00 = C1 on Seneca

Very long and planned day but that's how I work best, I will be spending my breaks, not on my phone and my phone's been turned off today because otherwise, I lose focus...

Hope everyone has a productive day!

Taglist:
BChemGee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sowen)
Morning! Bit of a later start for me today but looking forward to getting some work done.

10:00 - 10:45 = Poetry Essay
10:45 - 11:00 = Break
11:00 - 11:45 = A Christmas Carol Essay
11:45 - 12:20 = Break and food
12:20 - 12:40 = Academic article
12:40 - 13:45 = B4 Questions
13:45 - 14:30 = Mathswatch (Cumulative Frequency, Histograms, Boxplots, Pie Charts) notes
14:30 - 15:15 = Shower and tidy room
15:15 - 16:00 = P2 on Seneca
16:00 - 16:45 = Learn Spanish Speaking answers (Theme 5 - Environment)
16:45 - 17:00 = Break
17:00 - 18:30 = Spanish tutor
18:30 - 19:30 = Time with the family
19:30 - 20:00 = History short answer questions
20:00 - 20:15 = Break
20:15 - 21:00 = Mind map on the Kaiser to recap knowledge
21:00 - 21:30 = Learn Spanish Speaking answers
21:30 - 22:00 = C1 on Seneca

Very long and planned day but that's how I work best, I will be spending my breaks, not on my phone and my phone's been turned off today because otherwise, I lose focus...

Hope everyone has a productive day!

Taglist:
Spoiler:
Show
woahh , your day looks very well-planned out (whereas I can't even concentrate for 30 minutes ) , add me to the taglist pls, could use some motivation to revise : ) .
sowen
Rep:
?
(Original post by BChemGee)
woahh , your day looks very well-planned out (whereas I can't even concentrate for 30 minutes ) , add me to the taglist pls, could use some motivation to revise : ) .
No problem! I need to keep myself to a planned schedule otherwise I spend too long on activities. Will add you to the taglist
ThunderBeard
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sowen)
No problem! I need to keep myself to a planned schedule otherwise I spend too long on activities. Will add you to the taglist
Can I join the tag list too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads