Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Which one?
That member x, y, z is preventing growth due to their debating style.

It's a charge that has been levied against multiple members in my time here, there have also been multiple extended periods of time (measured in months) with little to no activity from any of them, if the theory that they are responsible for the lack of engagement were true one would expect a pick up, instead all that happens is activity drops off because their lack of contributions are not offset by an increase from other members or new members. Time and time again it has been shown that low activity is not because of these "problem" members but simply because people cannot be bothered.

We can also see now that, surprise surprise, my assessment is showing correct. The timetable was announced with one working day for the necessary UGs and subs to be created, they were not. We have now had another working day, still nothing, and I would wager come the end of the week we might just have it all set up, but also maybe not, or maybe there is some massive issue with them again.
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Speaker's Statement: EU Referendum

I'm now able to share further details and the timeline for the EU referendum. This will be contested between three options: accept the deal as negotiated by the RL UK government, leave the EU with no deal, or remain in the EU. There will therefore be three campaigns, each of which will be given a campaign subforum.

The timeline for the referendum will be as follows:
[field defaultattr=]
Wednesday 17th April: Nominations open for campaign chairs
Sunday 21st April: Election of campaign chairs begins (or as soon afterwards as the subforums are running)
Sunday 28th April: 'Ask the campaigns' open debate thread, with CT promotion
Wednesday 1st May: Voting opens, with CT promotion, beginning in the evening and rolling into RL polling day on the Thursday
Sunday 5th May: Voting closes, with verification hopefully on the Monday[/field]
The intention is for each campaign to elect a pair of campaign chairs. Applications are now open for those roles, and any member wishing to stand should PM me a short manifesto of no longer than 300 words. This should be text only: formatting on the TSR text editor is allowed but no images, videos, etc. Manifestos should be to me by 6pm on Sunday (21st April). Voting will begin after rthat, or as soon as the subforums are ready.
So when are the sub-forums gonna be up?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I may, it may be worth having mp’s register support for the campaigns now rather than keeping the whole leadership process quite long winded and anonymous.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
50:50 never
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
50:50 never
:rofl: Why's that?
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Because the CT are generally incompetent at operating their own site.
I would like to agree with you but the last time I said something about them they gave me a warning
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would like to agree with you but the last time I said something about them they gave me a warning
The last referendum was called off because when they *eventually* got round to making the UGs they gave access to other private subforums as well as the campaign subs and their fix was just to kick everyone out and not try again
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The last referendum was called off because when they *eventually* got round to making the UGs they gave access to other private subforums as well as the campaign subs and their fix was just to kick everyone out and not try again
:hahaha:
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hopefully very soon.

(Original post by Rakas21)
If I may, it may be worth having mp’s register support for the campaigns now rather than keeping the whole leadership process quite long winded and anonymous.
That would make sense – though even given the opportunity to submit manifestos to run campaigns I have had disappointingly few. If people want to declare the side they're on to help each other organise, that might be helpful.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn’t everyone who joined a UG get a ban as well? Or am I thinking of something different?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That member x, y, z is preventing growth due to their debating style.

It's a charge that has been levied against multiple members in my time here, there have also been multiple extended periods of time (measured in months) with little to no activity from any of them, if the theory that they are responsible for the lack of engagement were true one would expect a pick up, instead all that happens is activity drops off because their lack of contributions are not offset by an increase from other members or new members. Time and time again it has been shown that low activity is not because of these "problem" members but simply because people cannot be bothered.
Weirdly enough that's not what I said, but ok. :borat:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Didn’t everyone who joined a UG get a ban as well? Or am I thinking of something different?
Something different.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speaker's Statement: EU Referendum

I'm now able to share further details and the timeline for the EU referendum. This will be contested between three options: accept the deal as negotiated by the RL UK government, leave the EU with no deal, or remain in the EU. There will therefore be three campaigns, each of which will be given a campaign subforum.

The timeline for the referendum will be as follows:
[field defaultattr=]
Wednesday 17th April: Nominations open for campaign chairs
Sunday 21st April: Election of campaign chairs begins (or as soon afterwards as the subforums are running)
Sunday 28th April: 'Ask the campaigns' open debate thread, with CT promotion
Wednesday 1st May: Voting opens, with CT promotion, beginning in the evening and rolling into RL polling day on the Thursday
Sunday 5th May: Voting closes, with verification hopefully on the Monday[/field]
The intention is for each campaign to elect a pair of campaign chairs. Applications are now open for those roles, and any member wishing to stand should PM me a short manifesto of no longer than 300 words. This should be text only: formatting on the TSR text editor is allowed but no images, videos, etc. Manifestos should be to me by 6pm on Sunday (21st April). Voting will begin after rthat, or as soon as the subforums are ready.
Given the week delay in getting access to subs is this timeline being revised?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Given the week delay in getting access to subs is this timeline being revised?
Not the bits that are yet to take place – I intend for them to continue to run to plan.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not the bits that are yet to take place – I intend for them to continue to run to plan.
So stuff that should have happened a week ago will not be moved and the whole thing will be done leaderless?
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have any leader being elected yet for any of the campaign group? How many manifestoes did you receive for each campaign? How many members are there in each group?
That would make sense – though even given the opportunity to submit manifestos to run campaigns I have had disappointingly few. If people want to declare the side they're on to help each other organise, that might be helpful.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Have any leader being elected yet for any of the campaign group? How many manifestoes did you receive for each campaign? How many members are there in each group?
These are currently subforum-privileged statistics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (22)
25.29%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (25)
28.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (19)
21.84%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (7)
8.05%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (14)
16.09%

Watched Threads