The Student Room Group

My Journey to 8s/9s! Would love some help!!

Hi everyone!! I know I'm joining this VERY late but I have left revision to the absolute LAST minute, and have only started today. In my mocks I didn't achieve the grades I wanted to but I know that if I start now I can possibly achieve my target grades! I know some people may say its a bit too late, and I agree, but I have been making sure my health is okay, which is ALWAYS the #1 priority for me. This year has been one of the most toughest years ever, and i had never anticipated it to be this rough, and being a ''high achiever'' i feel as if I have let myself and everyone down since I am no where near to the grades I want. I hope to take Bio,chem, maths and possibly psychology/socio for a-level, and I'm thinking of doing Dentistry. If anyone has revision tips, websites that they use, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share them with me and the others since I am in desperate need of them, and if anyone is in a similar position to me, feel free to join in with the hardcore revision that I am about to begin! And remember, its NEVER TOO LATE TO START REVISION!! Also, if anyone has inspiring stories/ any motivation please drop it below since I'm in desperate need of inspiration.
The subjects I'm taking are:
maths(edexcel)
eng lit and lang(eduqas)
triple science( AQA)
french(AQA)
psychology(edexcel)
business(edexcel)
R.S.(AQA)
History(AQA)(germany,cold war, elizabeth,migration)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by forgottenflower
Hi everyone!! I know I'm joining this VERY late but I have left revision to the absolute LAST minute, and have only started today. In my mocks I didn't achieve the grades I wanted to but I know that if I start now I can possibly achieve my target grades! I know some people may say its a bit too late, and I agree, but I have been making sure my health is okay, which is ALWAYS the #1 priority for me. This year has been one of the most toughest years ever, and i had never anticipated it to be this rough, and being a ''high achiever'' i feel as if I have let myself and everyone down since I am no where near to the grades I want. I hope to take Bio,chem, maths and possibly psychology/socio for a-level, and I'm thinking of doing Dentistry. If anyone has revision tips, websites that they use, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share them with me and the others since I am in desperate need of them, and if anyone is in a similar position to me, feel free to join in with the hardcore revision that I am about to begin!

Hello, fellow 8/9 achiever here, only started revising properly about three weeks ago, it is never too late to start! A good call to prioritise your health that I wish a lot more people would take.

I'll be more than happy to join you on your quest!

I use freesciencelessons for Science along with Primrose Kitten (she does full paper summary videos so good for just overall content knowledge).
Would definitely just recommend practice questions though, that is the only way you'll get used to the exam style questions!

I also have a GYG blog I've just started which has my subjects and grades on there if you wish to look. :smile:
Original post by sowen
Hello, fellow 8/9 achiever here, only started revising properly about three weeks ago, it is never too late to start! A good call to prioritise your health that I wish a lot more people would take.

I'll be more than happy to join you on your quest!

I use freesciencelessons for Science along with Primrose Kitten (she does full paper summary videos so good for just overall content knowledge).
Would definitely just recommend practice questions though, that is the only way you'll get used to the exam style questions!

I also have a GYG blog I've just started which has my subjects and grades on there if you wish to look. :smile:

Thanks for replying! I will deffo check out your thread!
The thing is, I know exam questions are key to succeeding, but I cannot begin EQ's without knowing the content, and thats what I'm trying to finish before easter. Then after easter, the three weeks before the exams is when I am thinking of doing AS MANY exam questions as I can. But im afraid i won't be able to finish all the content and memorise it in time. For science i use MyGCSEScience and Freesciencelessons which I think is amazing for content, and for exam questions my teacher told me about this BRILLIANT website that has all the past paper exam questions for each topic for all the sciences, if you do aqa, its called ahammondbiology.weebly.com, definitely check it out!
Reply 3
Thanks for replying! I will deffo check out your thread!
The thing is, I know exam questions are key to succeeding, but I cannot begin EQ's without knowing the content, and thats what I'm trying to finish before easter. Then after easter, the three weeks before the exams is when I am thinking of doing AS MANY exam questions as I can. But im afraid i won't be able to finish all the content and memorise it in time. For science i use MyGCSEScience and Freesciencelessons which I think is amazing for content, and for exam questions my teacher told me about this BRILLIANT website that has all the past paper exam questions for each topic for all the sciences, if you do aqa, its called ahammondbiology.weebly.com, definitely check it out!

Ah yes, I think this is where my school gets the booklets they give to us to do for homework.
If you don't think you're going to be able to finish the content, then I think the best thing to do is pick out the weakest areas, things you do NOT want to come up on the exam, and prepare for them, and prioritise the subjects you are taking for a-level (as well as English and maths).
It seems like a good plan, just make sure you don't overwork yourself :smile:
Original post by sowen
Ah yes, I think this is where my school gets the booklets they give to us to do for homework.
If you don't think you're going to be able to finish the content, then I think the best thing to do is pick out the weakest areas, things you do NOT want to come up on the exam, and prepare for them, and prioritise the subjects you are taking for a-level (as well as English and maths).
It seems like a good plan, just make sure you don't overwork yourself :smile:

Thank you, and good idea. And of course, I'll make sure not to work myself out since I did that in the past and that did not go down very well. However, at the moment, I am prioritizing my a-level subjects and english/maths, but my weakest areas are the rest of them, especially history and RS. I have no idea how I am going to balance it all out, but hopefully it will work in the end!
Reply 5
Thank you, and good idea. And of course, I'll make sure not to work myself out since I did that in the past and that did not go down very well. However, at the moment, I am prioritizing my a-level subjects and english/maths, but my weakest areas are the rest of them, especially history and RS. I have no idea how I am going to balance it all out, but hopefully it will work in the end!

Honestly, same over here. Struggling to revise everything an even amount but hoping it will all come back together for the exams. Sleep schedule is surprisingly not a mess but I won't say anything yet! lol.
Haha same, my sleep schedule is the only thing going right for me so far, but I know the day we finish our exams is the day we will forget about everything, so I'm going to work as hard as I can so I can spend my summer with joy
Original post by sowen
Honestly, same over here. Struggling to revise everything an even amount but hoping it will all come back together for the exams. Sleep schedule is surprisingly not a mess but I won't say anything yet! lol.
Reply 7
Haha same, my sleep schedule is the only thing going right for me so far, but I know the day we finish our exams is the day we will forget about everything, so I'm going to work as hard as I can so I can spend my summer with joy

Summer is the only thing that's getting me through this, and its my motivation!
Hey everyone! I woke up today feeling quite energised! I’m just going to update this as if it were a physical diary so here we go!
Today I’m hoping to get through:
Jekyll & Hyde (themes and characters)

French ( Learn vocab and grammar and tenses)

Biology ( both p1&2, yesterday I nearly completed p2 content, just need to consolidate and finish p1)

Psychology mind maps ( active recall )

Possibly some maths questions or a non calc. Paper

And lastly some physics paper 2 content and questions!

Tough day ahead but I need to get this all done!
Reply 9
Hey everyone! I woke up today feeling quite energised! I’m just going to update this as if it were a physical diary so here we go!
Today I’m hoping to get through:
Jekyll & Hyde (themes and characters)

French ( Learn vocab and grammar and tenses)

Biology ( both p1&2, yesterday I nearly completed p2 content, just need to consolidate and finish p1)

Psychology mind maps ( active recall )

Possibly some maths questions or a non calc. Paper

And lastly some physics paper 2 content and questions!

Tough day ahead but I need to get this all done!

Sounds like a good plan! Hopefully, you can get it all done in the time you have, but make sure to include breaks.

Quick Reply