The Student Room Group

Biology help

Can someone help me write an answer to the past paper question "Describe and explain how blood in the right ventricle travels to the left atrium". It is worth 6 marks and I don't know how I can add enough detail
Basic journey of the Pulmonary Circulation:
1. The blood from the right ventricle leaves the heart through the pulmonary artery
2. This blood is deoxygenated, so it goes towards the lungs
3. At the lungs, oxygen diffuses into the blood through the alveoli, and carbon dioxide diffuses from the blood into the lungs.
4. This blood is now oxygenated, and enters the left atrium via the pulmonary vein.

Not sure if this will get the full 6 marks, but it's the route the blood takes to get from one place to the other.
Reply 2
OK! Thank you so much ☺️
Original post by drystar
Basic journey of the Pulmonary Circulation:
1. The blood from the right ventricle leaves the heart through the pulmonary artery
2. This blood is deoxygenated, so it goes towards the lungs
3. At the lungs, oxygen diffuses into the blood through the alveoli, and carbon dioxide diffuses from the blood into the lungs.
4. This blood is now oxygenated, and enters the left atrium via the pulmonary vein.

Not sure if this will get the full 6 marks, but it's the route the blood takes to get from one place to the other.
Reply 3
Original post by qwerty6789
Can someone help me write an answer to the past paper question "Describe and explain how blood in the right ventricle travels to the left atrium". It is worth 6 marks and I don't know how I can add enough detail

Visit my channel. Topic: structure of the heart. This question is incuded in the video :smile:
Many model answers to find there :smile:
For more exam tips and content based on key terminology that will give you high grades visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...AnOAPVBv-QRNTQ channel. Content, exam tips, key terminology, exam technique!

Easily search for topic of your interest! Use notes made based on 2016-2018 exams! Know the pattern, don't miss on any silly words!

Quick Reply

Latest