immigrated from africa as a kid, now 23 - AMA

Watch
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
have some time to myself, so pls feel free to ask questions and will spread what little knowledge my old self has

given the name of this site - went through the british education system
Last edited by gr8wizard10; 2 years ago
gr8wizard10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
sorry what typo?
Last edited by gr8wizard10; 2 years ago
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
have some time to myself, so pls feel free to ask questions and will spread what little knowledge my old self has

edit: nice - typo in the title. #mistakes #mainstreet
1. What age did you come here?
2. Do you like Afrobeats music?
3. Do you consider yourself to be African or European?
4. Have you ever experienced racism?
5. What do you think of Brexit?
6. What sport do you play?
7. Are your parents strict?
8. Are you liberal or conservative?
9. Did you go to uni?
10. What is the meaning of life?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
1. What age did you come here?
2. Do you like Afrobeats music?
3. Do you consider yourself to be African or European?
4. Have you ever experienced racism?
5. What do you think of Brexit?
6. What sport do you play?
7. Are your parents strict?
8. Are you liberal or conservative?
9. Did you go to uni?
10. What is the meaning of life?
jesus, was thinking questions like what's your favourite food.

1. What age did you come here? age of 2

2. Do you like Afrobeats music? no, i like wizkid - don't dull (not sure what camp this falls into - but this is the african song i like)

3. Do you consider yourself to be African or European? african

4. Have you ever experienced racism? all too often, not overt racism specifically but definetely a level of prejudice - especially where i live now

5. What do you think of Brexit? not all too bothered by it. don't think it'll personally negatively affect me

6. What sport do you play? table tennis, golf, football

7. Are your parents strict? don't think so, had a fairly relaxed childhood.. i think they gave up on me early on lol, my bro and sis are the stars of the household (projected prodigees) i'm just the regular dude who tries to be the best role model i can. i don't live with them anymore

8. Are you liberal or conservative? i think this is a very narrow definition. i'd say i think people should be able to do what they want (should they not impose negatively on others) but i have my own views in life which i try and live by.. but i'm hypocritical as hell so it's hard to even segment my own views

9. Did you go to uni? yes

10. What is the meaning of life? for me.. ultimately paradise as i practice (i try to..) islam. otherwise i think it's being able to give - utilise your skills / resources to help the next person. for me, its to set an example for people in my background that there are avenues out of a certain way of living - it's weird cause the more i think about it - the more i think it's a waste of time
gr8wizard10
Rep:
was born in zanzibar, and no i haven't even heard of yellow fever until now. looks like tanzani is on the list
moonlight98
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
what country you from?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
(Original post by moonlight98)
what country you from?
a small island off the coast of tanzania called zanzibar
tierny3
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
jesus, was thinking questions like what's your favourite food.

1. What age did you come here? age of 2

2. Do you like Afrobeats music? no, i like wizkid - don't dull (not sure what camp this falls into - but this is the african song i like)

3. Do you consider yourself to be African or European? african

4. Have you ever experienced racism? all too often, not overt racism specifically but definetely a level of prejudice - especially where i live now

5. What do you think of Brexit? not all too bothered by it. don't think it'll personally negatively affect me

6. What sport do you play? table tennis, golf, football

7. Are your parents strict? don't think so, had a fairly relaxed childhood.. i think they gave up on me early on lol, my bro and sis are the stars of the household (projected prodigees) i'm just the regular dude who tries to be the best role model i can. i don't live with them anymore

8. Are you liberal or conservative? i think this is a very narrow definition. i'd say i think people should be able to do what they want (should they not impose negatively on others) but i have my own views in life which i try and live by.. but i'm hypocritical as hell so it's hard to even segment my own views

9. Did you go to uni? yes

10. What is the meaning of life? for me.. ultimately paradise as i practice (i try to..) islam. otherwise i think it's being able to give - utilise your skills / resources to help the next person. for me, its to set an example for people in my background that there are avenues out of a certain way of living - it's weird cause the more i think about it - the more i think it's a waste of time
what do you mean giving is a waste of time?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by tierny3)
what do you mean giving is a waste of time?
??
tierny3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
??
What is the meaning of life? for me.. ultimately paradise as i practice (i try to..) islam. otherwise i think it's being able to give - utilise your skills / resources to help the next person. for me, its to set an example for people in my background that there are avenues out of a certain way of living - it's weird cause the more i think about it - the more i think it's a waste of time
gr8wizard10
Rep:
(Original post by tierny3)
What is the meaning of life? for me.. ultimately paradise as i practice (i try to..) islam. otherwise i think it's being able to give - utilise your skills / resources to help the next person. for me, its to set an example for people in my background that there are avenues out of a certain way of living - it's weird cause the more i think about it - the more i think it's a waste of time
some people don't care what you have to offer
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Do you ever think of the home country? Have you ever been back?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
(Original post by shak101)
Do you ever think of the home country? Have you ever been back?
yh i go back every year for a few weeks

we have a house back there, and my dad recently made a permanent move
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
why did you immigrate?
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 10 months ago

What country are you from
candidate415
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
a small island off the coast of tanzania called zanzibar
Since you are from Tanzania, have you ever climbed Mount Kilimanjaro? Also, is Tanzanite sold quite readily in Tanzania or is it rare and expensive (if you know, of course)?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
why did you immigrate?
poverty

(Original post by Emma:-))
What country are you from
zanzibar

(Original post by candidate415)
Since you are from Tanzania, have you ever climbed Mount Kilimanjaro? Also, is Tanzanite sold quite readily in Tanzania or is it rare and expensive (if you know, of course)?
nope, never.. i think it's readily available, i had bought some jewellery over there which wasn't overly expensive
black tea
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
poverty
how were you able to immigrate?
GayPotato
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
What is your religion?
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
poverty

zanzibar

nope, never.. i think it's readily available, i had bought some jewellery over there which wasn't overly expensive
I've always wanted to go there, what's it like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads