XS Direct £3000 excess Watch

aliakram1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone
I had an accident with a pedestrian. I hit into them insurer said i was at fault. I didn’t make a claim to repair my car i said i didn’t want to repair my car so now xs direct are saying that i owe them £3000 excess. Is that true i still have to pay them even though i didn’t make a claim?

Thanks
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, an excess is only payable when an insurer is paying for repairs. It sounds like it got mixed up on their end.

Also who the **** would take out a policy with a 3k excess.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xDron3)
No, an excess is only payable when an insurer is paying for repairs. It sounds like it got mixed up on their end.

Also who the **** would take out a policy with a 3k excess.
XS Direct cover people who wouldn't normally get insurance cover (ie young drivers in performance cars or with accidents/points) - the trade-off for a low premium is the high excess.

Their excess is all sections, therefore if you report an accident to them they will almost definitely demand the excess in full as per their terms until the claim is closed or they are sure the other party has no intention of claiming.
Last edited by nevershear; 1 month ago
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nevershear)
XS Direct cover people who wouldn't normally get insurance cover (ie young drivers in performance cars or with accidents/points) - the trade-off for a low premium is the high excess.

Their excess is all sections, therefore if you report an accident to them they will almost definitely demand the excess in full as per their terms until the claim is closed or they are sure the other party has no intention of claiming.
Thanks for the info, never heard of XS before although the name makes sense doesn't it when you explain it like that.
aliakram1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for your help guys. The other party put a claim for injury and xs direct said they paying them out for injury claim.
Mosinwywyeye
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep seems like you will have to foot the bill.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads