dieting Watch

prettywomen2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
ok so I really want two loose weight because I'm a little bit big and I feel self-conscious about my self can I get some advice about what dieting steps do you guys do please help
luckyvenkat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
steps you should follow in order to Diet and exercises for weight loss

Eat Fewer Carbs and More Lean Proteins.
Eat Whole Foods and Avoid Most Processed Junk Foods.
Reduce Your Calorie Intake .you eat less than 910 calories a day.
Lift Weights and Try High-Intensity Interval Training.
Be Active Outside of the Gym.
funk controller
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
luckyvenkat posts a lot of *******s so dont trust her (his?) advice. Just to shoot down the **** so you dont waste time, happiness, or health:
There are no exercises that will magically burn fat.
Carbs are not the devil, just one form of energy. Protein is only needed for muscle building and maintaining - Im gonna assume this isnt a goal of yours and so youll probably get sufficient protein to be healthy in an average diet.
Whether whole food or junk food - calories are calories. However, junk is dense with calories so youll probably feel less full than eating hella vegetables for the same amount of calories for example.
This is worded weirdly, I dont really get it but absolutely do not go below 900 calories. This little energy isnt enough for your body to even function properly, let alone leave energy to live life.
Weights yeah okay, its definitely beneficial for everyone. HIIT is however pretty advanced and I wouldnt prescribe it to someone who isnt athletic at least a little, you might hurt yourself depending what form of HIIT you do.
Absolutely be active outside the gym, even a medium walk can burn off 100 calories.

It doesnt matter what you eat whatsoever, it matters how much you eat. Its all about consuming less calories than you burn. Use a TDEE calculator to find how much you need to eat, and dont exceed a 500 calorie deficit. Start counting calories using MyFitnessPal, and count most everything until you get a good idea about whats in food (e.g a banana has 100 calories (who'd have thought?), and a dash of 'light' olive oil has hundreds still. Still count at this point, but dont need to be as anal about it).
Doublletrouble
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
dieting and exercise depends on many factors;

1. how old are you?
2. what is your exercise level, what type of exercise can your body handle?
3. what is your daily intake of carbs?
4. what does your current diet consist of?
5. what is your current weight and where is your fat mostly distributed? ( this will help you put a target weight in mind, and also help with the type of exercise)
6. how much sleep do you get per day.
7. Are you suffering from an diseases or illnesses?

remember that everyone's body reacts differently to dieting and exercise, therefore there is no set answer to what you should eat or what exercise you should do, because there are many variables that will effect this. However, I would definitely begin with some research on the different types of diets/ exercise and their pros and cons. That would be a good start.

Please remember that your body is a temple, treat it with care in order to avoid long term problems.

hope this helps, good luck.
(Original post by prettywomen2001)
ok so I really want two loose weight because I'm a little bit big and I feel self-conscious about my self can I get some advice about what dieting steps do you guys do please help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (39)
5.74%
Fairly positive (226)
33.24%
Just another year... (269)
39.56%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.47%

Watched Threads