Less than month till GCSES Watch

Zara_qwe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been revision for gcses but it's less than a month now. What is the best way to prepare for the exams and how many hours a day should I revise? Does quizzlet ando seneca really help?
addywbu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m in Year 11 too. Do you feel prepared?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
I'm not sure if I feel prepared bc I've been revising the past 2 months but it's not been endless hours of revision I have just been mainly doing seneca bit not sure if that is going to greatly help me. Do u feel prepared?
(Original post by addywbu)
Hi I’m in Year 11 too. Do you feel prepared?
Studybuddy24/7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
personally i think seneca shouldn't be your main way of revising as it is more short sum ups of each topic, but it is useful for quick topic overviews or if you want a topic exxxtremly broken down if you dont understand it, we have to use it a hour a day but personally i don't find it completely effective as a main revision source
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
Oh okay so how many hours have u been revising per day?recommended? And any other suggestions on how to revise other than seneca especially for science?
(Original post by Studybuddy24/7)
personally i think seneca shouldn't be your main way of revising as it is more short sum ups of each topic, but it is useful for quick topic overviews or if you want a topic exxxtremly broken down if you dont understand it, we have to use it a hour a day but personally i don't find it completely effective as a main revision source
addywbu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zara_qwe)
I'm not sure if I feel prepared bc I've been revising the past 2 months but it's not been endless hours of revision I have just been mainly doing seneca bit not sure if that is going to greatly help me. Do u feel prepared?
For some subjects yes, for others no and I still need to finish going over everything. I have done light revision over the past months but most of it is going to come from these Easter holidays and will probably be what I remember the most for exams.
addywbu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh okay so how many hours have u been revising per day?recommended? And any other suggestions on how to revise other than seneca especially for science?
Freesciencelessons and other YouTube channels are really good. I mainly use my school textbook and CPG revision guide. What about you?
Studybuddy24/7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly i know i am overworking myself as i am revising too many hours a day but that is another story i reccomend 5-6 hours

MYGCSESCIENCE and other science videos there are so many all over youtube, and what you should do after each topic complete questions, but also reprint those questions and form a booklet with all your topics near the time and answer all of them again, are you doing double or triple ? how many other subjects are you doing
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
I mainly use seneca and quizzlet for revision past papers but not sure what else I should do? Will probably look at youtube videos

Freesciencelessons and other YouTube channels are really good. I mainly use my school textbook and CPG revision guide. What about you?
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have been revision for gcses but it's less than a month now. What is the best way to prepare for the exams and how many hours a day should I revise? Does quizzlet ando seneca really help?
If you want edexcel maths past papers: https://mathsoutlet.weebly.com/

In terms of Seneca, it does skip stuff so make sure you don't use it as your PRIMARY source of reivison, always refer back to the textbook to ensure you know everything. Also, I find it handy to have a copy of the spec at hand when I use seneca to tick off stuff I'm covering.

Don't stress, you'll be fine!
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
tbh i mainly just use seneca and quizzlet sometimes past papers and homeworks but thanks will use those methods too
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
well done with your revision and im doing double science with other 6 subjects including eng lit and lang and maths
honestly i know i am overworking myself as i am revising too many hours a day but that is another story i reccomend 5-6 hours

MYGCSESCIENCE and other science videos there are so many all over youtube, and what you should do after each topic complete questions, but also reprint those questions and form a booklet with all your topics near the time and answer all of them again, are you doing double or triple ? how many other subjects are you doing
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
okay thanks a lot but how do u use past papers do u just try to remeber everything u can then after search the answers up?
(Original post by thestudent33)
If you want edexcel maths past papers: https://mathsoutlet.weebly.com/

In terms of Seneca, it does skip stuff so make sure you don't use it as your PRIMARY source of reivison, always refer back to the textbook to ensure you know everything. Also, I find it handy to have a copy of the spec at hand when I use seneca to tick off stuff I'm covering.

Don't stress, you'll be fine!
Studybuddy24/7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what books are you studying for english im doing A christmas carol Romeo and Juliet and Inspector calls

(Original post by Zara_qwe)well done with your revision and im doing double science with other 6 subjects including eng lit and lang and maths
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
For english i am doing a christmas carol, blood brothers and much ado about nothing but i didnt sudy blood brothers in school as i have moved so im not sure how to catch up
what books are you studying for english im doing A christmas carol Romeo and Juliet and Inspector calls

(Original post by Zara_qwe)well done with your revision and im doing double science with other 6 subjects including eng lit and lang and maths
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
(Original post by AuroraMoon23)
you're doomed
lol really?
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
(Original post by AuroraMoon23)
might as well just party
id rather have perfect grades but idk i have been revising for about 3 months now
Studybuddy24/7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
online you should can find many annotations for the main structures and points of the books, and also many model paragraphs and structure to form your own answers, if your not sure about that book i recommend you do many more practice questions on it as that can help you find out what you need to know and what you already can form answers to
For english i am doing a christmas carol, blood brothers and much ado about nothing but i didnt sudy blood brothers in school as i have moved so im not sure how to catch up
Zara_qwe
Rep:
?
okay thanks a lot
online you should can find many annotations for the main structures and points of the books, and also many model paragraphs and structure to form your own answers, if your not sure about that book i recommend you do many more practice questions on it as that can help you find out what you need to know and what you already can form answers to
Elephant307
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m the same I literally haven’t started revising really but I’m concerned that I’m not really panicking and that’s making me panicking . Did you get good grades in you mocks ? Do you feel ready ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
21.88%
The paper was reasonable (419)
43.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (185)
19.09%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.79%

Watched Threads